Go all digital, they said...

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I mean i live in bay area all we've had for choices were uverse and xfinity :mjcry:
The Bay Area is big, where or what area do you live? Try to see if Sonic or something else is in your area, but if you are not in SF, Oakland or somewhere really close you may be out of luck.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I know :mjcry:

But even when i lived in Richmond those were the only 2 options
Trust me i know. Like i said, any chance of getting something other than Comcast or Uverse , let alone fiber, outside of the big cities is small. As soon as i moved to Chicago i checked for fiber where i was and luckily AT&T was available. A fiber connection and not having to deal with caps (used to get hit with them with Comcast) is heaven. I think with Uverse their is a deal that comes with uncapped internet, but i have not checked since i got mine.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not as high as you think if you stream live TV in high quality and download games.

I'm at 1TB right now but the months almost over, I've had the cap for a minute. It used to be 1TB but they raised it to 1.2 after covid

Facts on the the first statement. The way current data caps are really assuming you do one thing or there other. Either you stream live video on a regular basis, OR you have a decent game collection and engage in multiplayer. Anyone who does both is viewed as a power user, and will get charged as such.

I mean, Cox has gigabit internet out here, but it doesn't come uncapped by default. You have to pay extra for that. Presumably, you don't particularly care to have download speeds that fast unless your priority is streaming quality, or speed for larger downloads.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I have a disc PS5 but I'm doing digital this gen
The disc drive is a nice option when a deal on a physical game is really good or if I borrow a game or get it as a gift
I can also play 4k blu rays but I don't watch those
Might try it now for fun now

I buy physical games and if the game is good I'll buy a digital copy AT EXTREME DISCOUNT and sell the physical

I'LL NEVER BUY DIGITAL FULL PRICE GAME, A GAME THAT HAS NO PACKAGING AND SHIPPING OR PHYSICAL MANUFACTURING COST SHOULD NOT BE PRICED THE SAME AS A PHYSICAL GAME.

If you as a consumer agree to pay full price for digital on the same scale as physical that is on you. :yeshrug:

how gamers allowed the industry to get that off is beyond me :skip:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The risk of games being mid and/or having game breaking bugs and features that aren't fixed for months is part of the reason I can't fully commit to all digital. Gamepass, PS Plus, and Gamefly helps mitigate the risk of wasting money on games that developers haven't finished.