Glow TV Series (Official Thread)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Just finished the finale & im pleased with the show. As said already as a former wwf fan there were only a few women in the federation that were out there wrestling. Seeing this group of women from all different brackgrounds doing what they need to do to sell a show is highly entertaining.
I thought the whole synched period gag was funny as hell.

It also pissed me off when they were spitting at ole girl. But it happens for real...

I :saluted: when they paid heir respects to chavo Guerra sr. they know their shyt. This kind of stuff is why sometimes I spend hours inTSC reading their threads cause they tak about the history and what was going on backstage of wresting (all federations)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The stereotypes in this shyt tho :dead:
Smh... had to play it up. And now when I look at 80s wrestling clips to more current , I understand it a lot more. They didn't want to play a stereotype, but it was what got seats filled.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Binged through the show yesterday and really enjoyed it :obama:

Really funny, great pacing, great episode time with nothing really dragging, and some really good performances. Marc Maron is really good in this, although he doesn't come from a wrestling background he is really suited for the character.

Good seeing old dude from Enlisted (underrated show), play the money mark in this :ehh:

Also cool seeing Misaki from Dark Matter show up as Fortune Cookie :mjlol:

Debbie was looking :whoo:, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at Liberty Bell :whew:

Awesome Kong seemed slimmer than what I remember from TNA :ehh:, Carlito got swole :ohhh:

Brie's Russian accent/jokes were :russ:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I think think this will do very well with women. My girlfriend really liked it, we watched it all in 3 days, and my female co-workers have all started watching and they have no idea what real life GLOW was and don't care about wrestling.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
I think think this will do very well with women. My girlfriend really liked it, we watched it all in 3 days, and my female co-workers have all started watching and they have no idea what real life GLOW was and don't care about wrestling.
:yes: my wife loved this show, she seemed more into it than I was :laugh: I'm hoping there's a few more seasons

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Finished it today and I loved it. All the women were great. I did not recognize Kong until late, I was shocked to find out it was her.

Marc Maron, whom I've heard of but never really go into, was great. In Episode 8, "yeah I could've pulled out... but I just got lazy" :bryan:

You could really put any non-wrestling fan onto this, it's that engaging and fun.

:banderas:I came for Annie's boobs. I stayed for Debbie's.
Debbie got them thangs :ohlawd:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The director even called her out on being a 2-face ala Seinfeld :russ:

Then I look at you like "Ehh....I dunno."

tumblr_osr3fwqAbn1vnflrjo3_400.gif
tumblr_osr3fwqAbn1vnflrjo4_400.gif

tumblr_osr3fwqAbn1vnflrjo5_400.gif
tumblr_osr3fwqAbn1vnflrjo6_400.gif

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
:salute:Great 1st season, I really enjoyed it.
It took a lot of guts to write Ruth sleeping with her best friend's husband twice and later having an secret abortion in the first season.I know I hated her from that point on. :bryan:Sam the director is hilarious especially when he insults Ruth, but his funniest scene is the look on his face when he finds out his dream movie has already been made (Back to the Future).:whew: Don't get me started on Liberty Belle, that bish is thicker than three day old oatmeal. :francis:That scene where they were booing and spitting on Beirut was completely accurate of todays climate for muslims around the world. But for me the greatest moments are when Ruth is doing her Zoya the Destroya accent.:krillindead_1:. When she is proposing a match to Liberty and Sam in that accent. "I call this move the bread line" and the finisher "Vodka for breakfast" :krillindead_1:. When they are at the drive in eating a burger and she says in her accent "In Russia it would take one months salary to get this level of cat":russ: I fukking lost it. I also didnt even know the welfare queen was Awesome Kong until I finished watching the show. :deadmanny:.All in all, great show, a 8.5 out 10. I'm looking forward to see where they take the show in season 2