Global IT outages due to Crowdstrike got the whole world shook up (The FAA has grounded flights from Delta, United and AA)

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
whole team work machines are macs and all our infra tooling is linux based, so not affected... we also run our own pos system, so we can still process payments.. but that's just my side.. some of these slack channels, dear god :picard:

RIP CRWD

understanding what's at stake here, how the fukk you rollout a sec update without having it thoroughly tested.. how did this even make it to fukking prod?

tech consolidation + bean counting = ever increasing blast radius while simultaneously reducing failure points

what could possible go wrong..
I bet Patches were tested and signed off by multiple people

this was either rushed through to meet a requirement or simply not tested correctly.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
200w.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
I woke up this morning to a news alert about all the outages including my industry. I’ve been working since 7 with not one issue. i got happy for nothing. Though I was gonna have a paid outage day :francis:. Let me get back to work so I can be ready for these teams meetings since my teams is working perfectly fine.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukkin laptop down this morning. I was supposed to hit up the office to see if the towers were good but I got lost and ended up at the gym :sadcam:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
giphy.gif

When you the only motherfukker at work who leaves his computer on daily and cancelled Windows updates so your shyt ain't never updated affected.
Might turn it off and be part of the crowd, though. They ain't gonna Stephen A me on a Friday, No sir.
:unimpressed:

Last edited: