Gladiator 2 - (Ridley Scott/Nov 22nd)

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I hate that Scott is doing this, and I hate that Mann is doing Heat 2. We don't need sequels to these films, nor do we need them entered into the "franchise" halls of slop for streaming services. This could have been an interesting, new Roman/gladiator/etc film instead of a sequel. Just like Mann could have simply done a new crime thriller.

I agree with this perspective.

The story of Gladiator concluded with the deaths of Maximus and Commodus. It seems that from a marketing standpoint, there's a tendency to link new films to successful ones. However, this can create unrealistic expectations, making it difficult for the new film to receive an impartial evaluation from fans who cherished the original.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I hate that Scott is doing this, and I hate that Mann is doing Heat 2. We don't need sequels to these films, nor do we need them entered into the "franchise" halls of slop for streaming services. This could have been an interesting, new Roman/gladiator/etc film instead of a sequel. Just like Mann could have simply done a new crime thriller.
Heat 2 is a prequel and a sequel (mostly a Prequel). Atleast Mann wrote Heat 2 as a book before creating the movie. The book is actually very well reviewed.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Gladiator 2, the cast is absolutely phenomenal. I'm pretty much sold on Heat 2.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
oh shyt, Caracalla fukkery? dude was worse than Commodus. Bodied 20k people cuz he didn't rock with his brother :picard:

Haven't really seen this era of Roman history depicted in media before. Ridley been shakey for a while now but I will check this out on the big screen

Daps
Reppin
St louis
UKVu0t8.gif