Givin Away Belts to the less Fortunate...Danny Swift Garcia v Paulie Malignaggi Fight Thread

What Happens??

• Total voters

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
http://espn.go.com/blog/boxing/post/_/id/5546/garcia-expects-the-power-to-return-at-147

Garcia expects the power to return at 147

Convinced that he no longer possesses the same power at 140 pounds, junior welterweight champion Danny "Swift" Garcia is ready to step up in weight.

Garcia (30-0, 17 KOs), whose last two fights were at catchweights, returns on Aug. 1 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, to face former two-division titlist Paulie Malignaggi (33-6, 7 KOs) in the main event of a Premier Boxing Champions series card on ESPN.

Garcia-Malignaggi
Where: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.
When: Aug. 1, 9 p.m. ET
TV: ESPN

No longer forced to cut down to 140 pounds, Garcia, 27, said he's excited to showcase the power that was on display before his controversial split-decision win over Mauricio Herrera in 2014. In April, Garcia scored another majority decision, this time over Lamont Peterson at the Barclays Center.

"Aug. 1 will be another great night for me," said Garcia, who is trained by his father, Angel Garcia. "It'll be my fifth fight at the Barclays Center and will also be my first fight at 147 pounds.

"That day I'll be ready to seek recognition in a different division. I didn't feel as powerful as I used to at 140 pounds, but now I feel like I'm back."

Malignaggi, a Brooklyn native who won world titles at 140 and 147 pounds, is past his prime as a boxer and hasn't fought since being stopped by Shawn Porter in April 2014. At 34, Malignaggi possesses few of the tricks that led him to him being known as the Magic Man.

"I didn't choose to fight Paulie," said Garcia. "It was my manager, Al Haymon, who set up the fight and asked if I would face him. It was Al who chose him. All I know right now is that I have a tough test ahead of me and I have to prepare myself and do my job so I can see who comes next.

"My job is to train and fight. I feel stronger at 147 pounds, with more speed in my legs and hands. I'll prove that I can be a champion in the welterweight division too."

Malignaggi, meanwhile, believes he can still box with the best of them, even though his last performance proved otherwise.

"I've been inactive for just over a year, but I've kept working in the gym," said Maliggnagi. "I think Danny is a tremendous boxer who I've followed since he was a prospect. He's a good kid, he's tough and I've got a lot of respect for him. But moving up from 140 to 147 isn't easy. He made his decision and even though I don't believe there's a marked physical difference, my experience is my only advantage."

Malignaggi added that Garcia's last fight against Peterson will help dictate his plan for Aug. 1. But he didn't disclose any details.

"I think he had issues with Lamont in the early rounds," Malignaggi said. "Although I don't think Danny will make the same mistakes this time, we've watched that last fight carefully. We're working on the plan. I'm 34 years old and I'm at a point where I've got no time to lose."

No more draining ourselves
:blessed:

KO power back
:blessed:

Tears stay flowing :walnuts:

#swiftset :demonic:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
this becomes a good fight only if paulie is either outboxing him or god forbid hurting him or paulie is not getting hurt by danny at all

danny struggles and whatever his drawing power is will take an even bigger hit

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
danny struggles and whatever his drawing power is will take an even bigger hit

Dannys drawing power is jus fine
:dahell:

Struggled against Herrera N while faced with a boycott for Salka still did 850k on Showtime

Turned that into 3.4 Milly on NBC for an "awful catch weight fight"

Swift holds the record for live gate attendance at the Barclay's for boxing...More then Miguel Cotto

Swift vs Paulie sells the shyt outta Barclays N does well on TV Guaranteed...nobodys drawing power is taking any hits :mjlol:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
"I didn't choose to fight Paulie," said Garcia. "It was my manager, Al Haymon, who set up the fight and asked if I would face him. It was Al who chose him. All I know right now is that I have a tough test ahead of me and I have to prepare myself and do my job so I can see who comes next.
we already knew that.....danny never had a choice in the matter:WadeROFL:.......I called it right after lamont gave him that lesson....danny's in haymon's dog house right now. if this dude actually struggles with paulie though:francis:.....just the fact we actually have people in here picking paulie and expecting a good fight just shows how badly danny has fallen. even danny himself said he hasn't looked the same. interesting to see paulie say danny struggled with peterson in the EARLY rounds....those are the rounds gift set said lamont gave away though:sas1:.....paulie knew what it was:sas2:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
we already knew that.....danny never had a choice in the matter:WadeROFL:.......I called it right after lamont gave him that lesson....danny's in haymon's dog house right now. if this dude actually struggles with paulie though:francis:.....just the fact we actually have people in here picking paulie and expecting a good fight just shows how badly danny has fallen. even danny himself said he hasn't looked the same. interesting to see paulie say danny struggled with peterson in the EARLY rounds....those are the rounds gift set said lamont gave away though:sas1:.....paulie knew what it was:sas2:
danny won breh get over it :mjlol:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Danny in Haymons dog house :mjlol:

You nikkas live in Fantasy island :comeon:

We've seen what Haymons Dog house looks like...Sam Watson pissed af yelling at your team...being matched hard N payed the same as when you were coddled

This aint that... Watson running around in DSG shirts...while Haymon counting them Barclay's sell out dollars :walnuts:

I guess Thurman in Haymons dog house too right?? I mean Guerrero gave him a hard time N now hes fighting Collazo on ESPN :beli:

I wouldn't run around like Paulies word is gospel if I was you...the nikka been calling Swift great N one of the best for weeks now :guwoplol:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Paulies chin is still S tier. The amount of straight up bombs he ate was ridiculous. Porter had to throw the kitchen sink at him. Paulie needs to say fukk his hands and try to actually use his power.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm looking forward to seeing how many left hooks Swift is gonna land on Paulie's fukking face. :ohlawd:

2015 year of the Showcase fights. :ahh:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Damn....yall dont think the fact Porter was allegedly on roids made Paulie look as bad as he did against Porter?:dwillhuh:

Im expecting to see a 8-4, 9-3 type of victory from Danny Garcia against Paulie Malignaggi...but I think the fight will be more competitive than the official scores will indicate:yeshrug:

I dont think Paulie is officially "done" yet. He's not prime, but I dont think he's washed up either. He's on the downside:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Damn....yall dont think the fact Porter was allegedly on roids made Paulie look as bad as he did against Porter?:dwillhuh:

Im expecting to see a 8-4, 9-3 type of victory from Danny Garcia against Paulie Malignaggi...but I think the fight will be more competitive than the official scores will indicate:yeshrug:

Nah, Porter is just a better boxer/fighter than Paulie and he had the right strategy. He jabbed his way inside with stiff ass jabs, cut the ring off, hurt Paulie, and wouldn't let him breathe. Even muscled him in the clinch so Paulie couldn't even hold and get a breather.

Paulie just ain't that good and he never really was. It's just that nikkas get so impressed by a decent jab and some footwork, they overlook his shytty defense.

The only way his fight looks competitive with Swift is if he throws a gang of punches like he did against Broner. He'll prolly miss most of them again and get walked down and countered into Bolivia.

Unless there's hard evidence I don't assume nikkas is on roids or have bricks in their gloves for their entire career (even losses) or any other bullshyt nikkas make up to justify their agenda.

bu, that's just me.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Nah, Porter is just a better boxer/fighter than Paulie and he had the right strategy. He jabbed his way inside with stiff ass jabs, cut the ring off, hurt Paulie, and wouldn't let him breathe. Even muscled him in the clinch so Paulie couldn't even hold and get a breather.

fukk Porter....he beat AB:mjcry:

Paulie just ain't that good and he never really was. It's just that nikkas get so impressed by a decent jab and some footwork, they overlook his shytty defense.

The only way his fight looks competitive with Swift is if he throws a gang of punches like he did against Broner. He'll prolly miss most of them again and get walked down and countered into Bolivia.

I think he's gonna stay on the outside and try and make it a pure boxing match with Swift while watching out for the hook. I think if he tries to fight Garcia like he did Broner, he gets dropped and probably stopped. He doesnt have the power to bother Swift at all, so he better be coming with some movement in his game plan, making Swift have to chase him.

Unless there's hard evidence I don't assume nikkas is on roids or have bricks in their gloves for their entire career (even losses) or any other bullshyt nikkas make up to justify their agenda.

bu, that's just me.

fukk Porter....he beat AB:mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I dont think Paulie is officially "done" yet. He's not prime, but I dont think he's washed up either. He's on the downside:manny:

no..a slowed down version paulie at 147 versus a big strong young although crude welterweight coming down from 154...everyone but krack knew it was going to be bad..but most of us were thinking on the level of the devon fight not what he ended up dishing out

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
no..a slowed down version paulie at 147 versus a big strong young although crude welterweight coming down from 154...everyone but krack knew it was going to be bad..but most of us were thinking on the level of the devon fight not what he dished out

I knew Porter was gonna destroy him as well, Im just mad at him for putting the pause on the #BandCamp bandwagon again:mjcry:

That's my fighter:to: