GIVE A TEAM A RING N FEED EM 4 A YEAR, GIVE EM A DYNASTY N FEED EM 4 A LIFETIME: 2021 LAKERS THREAD

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Gasol and KCP shot 41% from 3 this year, they just didnt take enough threes. Gotta get Bron off the ball next season, he cant be the best player on a championship team anymore. Hes older and gonna be hobbled at some point during the season. I think we're past the "If he's healthy..." optimism, he wont be healthy anymore for a full season or a full playoff run. He's played 61,000 minutes, only trailing Kareem and Karl.
Bron is not coming off the ball. You can't be ball dominant your whole career and change it up. That first year in Miami along with the Finals debacle showed how he is when he's not the primary ball handler.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Gasol and KCP shot 41% from 3 this year, they just didnt take enough threes. Gotta get Bron off the ball next season, he cant be the best player on a championship team anymore. Hes older and gonna be hobbled at some point during the season. I think we're past the "If he's healthy..." optimism, he wont be healthy anymore for a full season or a full playoff run. He's played 61,000 minutes, only trailing Kareem and Karl.
I dunno, he was coming off the shortest off-season in history and had a full grown man dive into his leg. I wouldn't classify him as an injury prone player off those specific occurrences.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I dunno, he was coming off the shortest off-season in history and had a full grown man dive into his leg. I wouldn't classify him as an injury prone player off those specific occurrences.
Not injury prone, just old breh.

Bron aint gonna be able to take the hits, tweaks and bruises he took when he was younger and bounce back. All of those hits he would tighten his shoes and walk away from in 2010-2017 aint happening in 2022. They are gonna cost him missed games and in some cases missed weeks. Then at 36-37 when he gets back from injury hes gonna have to play game after game before being back at top form.

The end is never pretty unless you retire young.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I can't believe people are writing Lebron off after this freak injury.

Before Lebron got hurt,he was balling. He dropped 34 pts on the Bucks, 34 pts on Philly, 33 pts on Brooklyn, 38 pts on the Suns, and had a 27 pt triple-double in a win over Denver....And LA was on a 4 gm win streak without AD

Lebron will be fine...AD and the role players are the issues...AD needs to get healthy and re-build his body...Pelinka needs to bring in some shooters and quality post depth.

Last edited:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Before Lebron got hurt,he was balling. He dropped 34 pts on the Bucks, 34 pts on Philly, 33 pts on Brooklyn, 38 pts on the Suns, and had a 27 pt triple-double in a win over Denver....And LA was on a 4 gm win streak without AD

Lebron win be fine...AD and the role players are the issue...AD needs to get healthy and re-buiild his body...Pelinka needs to bring in some shooters and quallity post depth.
Im just saying you cant keep assuming Bron will be old Bron for an entire year anymore. He couldnt summon his old self vs Jae Crowder and Mikal Bridges in game 6 and 7. He cant be the best player on a championship team going forward. AD has to be THAT guy he showed in games 3 & 4 this postseason.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I think Bron from the Bubble beats them :ld:
Bron before the ankle injury beats them:ld:

But its go off time for brehs I guess :ld::manny:

Nah its been filled with injuries. What was given up for AD(ZO/BI) was largely missing the 2nd half of his 1st year. He got hurt as well.
Rinse/Repeat this past year, but with AD.

Lakers were the 4th seed....he gets injured, returns no BI/Zo
Lakers were the 1 or 2 seed...AD gets injured, he gets injured, no AD

It can be argued that Bron could have taken the easier route with Philly (though they have injury issues as well) :manny:

I know Im bias, but if he chose my team during the Luke Walton era then I'd be more grateful than anything. Especially since other superstars have passed on the LA pressure for years.

Just got the bad break combination of Bron being fragile the same time the other major talents were as well.

Said in another thread I'd question the medical staff with all these injuries.
I still think that LeBron should've went to Philly. The fact that you have kats like the ones in this thread that are legitimately laughing at their own team losing just because it hurts LeBron is telling.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps

Lebron win be fine...AD and the role players are the issue...AD needs to get healthy and re-buiild his body...Pelinka needs to bring in some shooters and quallity post depth.

I think Big Hollywood Bron still has it in him to give us at least one more

But we need to find a way to get a third guy

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
His durability was fine before a grown man dove into his ankle for a loose ball.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Im just saying you cant keep assuming Bron will be old Bron for an entire year anymore. He couldnt summon his old self vs Jae Crowder and Mikal Bridges in game 6 and 7. He cant be the best player on a championship team going forward. AD has to be THAT guy he showed in games 3 & 4 this postseason.
He slowed down...

Tried driving pas them but never got the step....

He wasnt in play off shape..let alone even season shape...dude was in pre season shape

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This is the guy I want us to draft. Big 2/3 wing which we need, and can shoot

Age 24 :dwillhuh:

Are we trying to draft Kuz 2.0

I will say this will tell us a lot about Klutch/Bron's involvement with the draft.

THT has more potential, but Terrance Mann who was drafted right after him is a better 3 point shooter and defender right now.

This dude is better than the current Klutch guy (BJ Boston's 3 point shooting fell off). So its on Rob.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think Big Hollywood Bron still has it in him to give us at least one more

But we need to find a way to get a third guy
The third guy is entirely dependant on what happens with the Nets. If the Bucks can beat them(or push them to 7) with size and shooting then I'd feel good with not NEEDING a 3rd star.

If not then its gonna take some real work.

It also depends on how bad does AD want to be an MVP/contention for best player in the league.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
1)Jayden Springer
Springer's game doesn't scream upside, but his versatility should create an easy fit. Capable of playing on and off the ball and guarding both backcourt positions, the 18-year-old combo flashed passing IQ, three-point shooting accuracy and solid defensive technique.

2)Zaire Williams

He’s a long, smooth, and athletic forward who has a versatile skill set. Williams will need to be able to improve his perimeter shot, but he’s a guy who can put it on the floor and make plays for himself and for others. LeBron James is also plenty familiar with Williams since he played with Bronny James in high school.

3) Chris Duarte
Duarte is a well-rounded guard that could fall in the draft due to his age, but he can score in a variety of ways and is also a quality defender.

4)BJ Boston

Find it 2 of Bronny hs teammates projected to come to LA
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif