"Girls Trip" (Official Thread)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
yea, white people get the greenlight for shyt like this all the time. looks worth a watch at home but not at the movies...i already know which two of my friends will text me to go see this :russ: :camby:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
that's the other thing that stuck out...we need a lineup of 27-35 yr old actresses, they're a bit too old for this IMO. and not necessarily just because their age, but because of how long they've been around the industry (minus the drity mouth chick)
I've been feeling like this for awhile now.

The 90s exploded with black actors and actresses that were attractive, young, and talented. I saw "The Perfect Match" last year which featured young up and comers but was :camby:at what we have now. Need some new Nia Longs, Sanna Lathans, Morris Chestnuts, Regina Halls, and Omar Epps.

They are out there, cuz I keep seeing fresh funny, charismatic black talent on television but most of the black fun flicks coming out are relying on the old talent.

Last edited:

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a Will Packer production for ya.

Glad to see Tiffany Haddish get some shine tho. I don't find her funny but the girl has been through some tough shyt in her life so hopefully she continues to do well

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
No issue with this film. There's a big audience for it, and it'll be profitable given the budget. I'm sure it'll have some funny moments, but we've seen these types of movies make it to the screen since Tina Fey came onto the scene.