Girl Meets World: First Look at the Matthews Family Portrait

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I hated that cheesy seniors "looking out for them" shyt. Aint no seniors(aside from fam) look out for me.

I was a Jabroni until soph year:mjcry:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So here's what I'm not feeling about the show and it's reared its head hard in the first two episodes of the season: the show takes the cliches of boy meets world (hey we all have to be friends and stay friends forever and every issue is an attack on said friendship) and makes them into actual plot points and supposed drama. It takes the worst parts of the later seasons of boy meets world and doubles down on them to the point where it's kinda laughable or at least not believable. Corey and Shawn struggled with the first day of high school too but it wasn't the umpteenth story about whether their friendship would survive.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hated that cheesy seniors "looking out for them" shyt. Aint no seniors(aside from fam) look out for me.

I was a Jabroni until soph year:mjcry:

If that shyt happened on Boy Meets World, Cory and Shawn would have got beat up by those seniors, then Eric would have got stuffed in a locker for trying to stand up for them.

And it would have been played for laughs. :martin:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If that shyt happened on Boy Meets World, Cory and Shawn would have got beat up by those seniors, then Eric would have got stuffed in a locker for trying to stand up for them.

And it would have been played for laughs. :martin:

It did lol..it was actually the inverse of this storyline. Cory tries to get cool with the biggest toughest senior in the school, Harley, and Harley makes him suffer because of it only for Eric to step in and save the day while Shawn was hiding in a locker

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
So here's what I'm not feeling about the show and it's reared its head hard in the first two episodes of the season: the show takes the cliches of boy meets world (hey we all have to be friends and stay friends forever and every issue is an attack on said friendship) and makes them into actual plot points and supposed drama. It takes the worst parts of the later seasons of boy meets world and doubles down on them to the point where it's kinda laughable or at least not believable. Corey and Shawn struggled with the first day of high school too but it wasn't the umpteenth story about whether their friendship would survive.
this this this!

nostalgia is a bytch..got me watching this show, knowing ima be sitting there with the :stopitslime: the whole time

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
this this this!

nostalgia is a bytch..got me watching this show, knowing ima be sitting there with the :stopitslime: the whole time

Well the other thing about it is that this is dealing with a bigger group of friends and also coming at the material from a different perspective. It's not enough to just flip it for the sake of flipping it. Cory and Riley, while similar, are still different people with different outlooks so it shouldn't just be a copy and paste job. That'd be lazy as hell and I'd be pissed by that lol. But what I don't want is them to just repeat the mistakes boy meets world made in its latter seasons and that's what they're doing right now

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Well the other thing about it is that this is dealing with a bigger group of friends and also coming at the material from a different perspective. It's not enough to just flip it for the sake of flipping it. Cory and Riley, while similar, are still different people with different outlooks so it shouldn't just be a copy and paste job. That'd be lazy as hell and I'd be pissed by that lol. But what I don't want is them to just repeat the mistakes boy meets world made in its latter seasons and that's what they're doing right now
yeah, its overdrive..i feel like boy meets world had so much comic relief to combat the corny lessons...this joint is ALL CORNY LESSONS...its crazy

they need to let farkle and zay cook a lil more..they can be funny when they're not embroiled in these standoffs cause one of the main characters called the other "short" and now they cant be friends no more :francis:/:stopitslime:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah, its overdrive..i feel like boy meets world had so much comic relief to combat the corny lessons...this joint is ALL CORNY LESSONS...its crazy

they need to let farkle and zay cook a lil more..they can be funny when they're not embroiled in these standoffs cause one of the main characters called the other "short" and now they cant be friends no more :francis:/:stopitslime:

Boy meets world went overboard with all that shyt in its latter seasons tho. which is why I don't really fukk with the seasons consistently pass season 4.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Smackle looks like an exact replica of AJ Lee

images
b78c77ed024d1a8ad3de4fd14deedcf6.jpg

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I havent watched this shyt in forever

I also havent had netflix since forever

How is season 3 so far?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Caught like 5 mins of an episode my daughters were watching last night

Is Shawn a full time cast member now?

Seems like they were setting up a potential relationship between him amd Myas mom

Maybe that was an old episode idk i don't watch the show

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Caught like 5 mins of an episode my daughters were watching last night

Is Shawn a full time cast member now?

Seems like they were setting up a potential relationship between him amd Myas mom

Maybe that was an old episode idk i don't watch the show

Yeah that's from last season. He was recurring last season so I assume he'll remain that way. He also directs a lot of episodes too