Girl Meets World: First Look at the Matthews Family Portrait

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
shyt is dope, to me it's getting better and better each episode.. once you get over the fact that the show is centered around the daughter and her experiences and not Corey and Topanga you can appreciate it for what it is. The girl that plays their daughter Riley is really good in her role..

I will say this about the show though aside from a couple minor issues writing wise I have, the main thing that irks me is that the lessons Cory teaches aren't even thinly veiled metaphors for what Riley and Mya are dealing with. During the first season of boy meets world, Feeny's lessons weren't always obvious as to what Cory would learn or was dealing with e.g., the episode where he gave them a word problem to solve and everyone was trying their hardest to figure it out. Feeny was trying to get them to realize that not everything has an answer and that they need to think differently as they grow up, something Cory learned as he and Eric tried to figure out Amy was cheating on Alan or not and it turns out that she and Alan were just lying to the kids so that they could get some time with each other and that it wasn't really "lying" per say and that once you get older, life isn't black and white and there isn't always one answer.

Counter that with this past episode about Pearl Harbor and the sneak attack

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
3 episodes in ... I like it...

Figure it'll last until they graduate HS and then it becomes a Girl Meets World metaphore as Riley goes to college and the show ends... or Riley ad Maya get a spinoff similiar to sam and cat.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
BET? LMAO

just got done watching the later, shytty episodes of "B.M.W." on MTV2 and as I'm scrolling down to watch something else, I see "Girl Meets World"

I literally watched 2 minutes of it before I got annoyed and turned to BET.

shyt fukkin' sucks. :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
show would of been better if it was for everybody like the og and not just for kids

shyt has that standard trash Disney tv acting (over exaggerating gestures and talking way to fast)
the early boy meets world was for kids. the show grew as its actors and audience grew. it just kept pace. this show has close to zero chance to do that being a disney channel show. they usually end them inside a few years.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Low key hoping ABC let's Disney rides the kid part of the show out, and then picks it up for the adolescent part

the early boy meets world was for kids. the show grew as its actors and audience grew. it just kept pace. this show has close to zero chance to do that being a disney channel show. they usually end them inside a few years.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
nah it was for everybody it was always for everybody. it was on tgif
shows for the whole family to watch was runnin the 90s

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
nah it was for everybody it was always for everybody. it was on tgif
shows for the whole family to watch was runnin the 90s
I've watched Girl Meets World and laughed, enjoyed it. Sometimes a show can have a target audience and people outside the target audience enjoy it too. Boy Meets World was about the kids and the show grew with them. I will say Girl Meets World is far more for kids than Boy Meets World was. Maybe when Shawn comes around mid-season things will balance out more.