Girl Meets World: First Look at the Matthews Family Portrait

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just saw the latest episode and it was damn good. The whole Maya Cory dynamic was awesome. I can't wait till Shawn appears and passes Maya the torch officially. Maybe he can play daddy for her to fix her fukked up home life. Maya and Auggie carry this show on their backs. Riley is good but I still wish this was Maya's show.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Good episode...Lucas is still underwritten as a character tho but everyone else does their thing. The show has continued to get better. Color me impressed
the romance with Lucas and Riley is trash to me. He seems a lil too normal to be a TV show character. Perhaps they should define him more.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
The last episode was :ohhh::wow: And the first episode so far that gave me the same feeling as the original show in terms of the tone and cohesive message through out..the show has gotten better and better each week, I'm a fan

Glad to see Topanga get more screen time the last couple episodes, she is still bad as fukk:whew:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I think the biggest obstacle that ain't yet been conquered is the fact Boy Meets World never felt like a sitcom. Girl Meets World still does IMO

Also Shoutouts to Riley saying Damocles, closest I ever heard a curse word uttered on Disney

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the biggest obstacle that ain't yet been conquered is the fact Boy Meets World never felt like a sitcom. Girl Meets World still does IMO

Also Shoutouts to Riley saying Damocles, closest I ever heard a curse word uttered on Disney

Breh I gotta disagree. There are several episodes of boy meets world where it feels like a sitcom especially in that first season. But there's also a generational difference with the way sitcoms are presented now vs in the 90s

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I understand the end of your post, and I'm not saying BMW isn't a sitcom per set, GMW just feels like so much more of what you expect a Disney sitcom to be.

Breh I gotta disagree. There are several episodes of boy meets world where it feels like a sitcom especially in that first season. But there's also a generational difference with the way sitcoms are presented now vs in the 90s

• Dap
Reactions: flo

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I understand the end of your post, and I'm not saying BMW isn't a sitcom per set, GMW just feels like so much more of what you expect a Disney sitcom to be.

Yeah it feel you. Like it or not Disney and abc family are the only two places you can find family sitcoms now and this is the style of family sitcoms today. It isn't perfect but it's all there is. Even if you watch a show on abc like last man standing, it's the same way but a little edgier just because it's focused on an adult not two kids but the family sitcom is an odd watch nowadays.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What are yall talking about this show is funny as hell to me. Maya was sitting smug than a mother knowing what was coming. Even had Cory clowning Riley and then Riley was like fukk it I'm all in. Had Maya dumbfounded.

I don't watch these Disney sitcoms so if this is like them it's all new to me. Only thing is the lesson of the day comes across a bit heavyhanded

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What are yall talking about this show is funny as hell to me. Maya was sitting smug than a mother knowing what was coming. Even had Cory clowning Riley and then Riley was like fukk it I'm all in. Had Maya dumbfounded.

I don't watch these Disney sitcoms so if this is like them it's all new to me. Only thing is the lesson of the day comes across a bit heavyhanded

I agree I like it. My only problem is the heavy handed lesson and Lucas' non character ass​

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I agree I like it. My only problem is the heavy handed lesson and Lucas' non character ass​
Lucas pulled a Mack move on Riley. She was like you gonna kiss me now? And he said basically no chick I'll kiss you on my terms and walked off. Swag was through the room even had her best friend salty.