Gilbert Arenas said he saw some white execs imply they popped Halle Berry after she ignored them at a playoff game

Maruchan

Pro
Daps
this is always been my problem with the arts.

There is no disqualifying factor among artists. Everything an actor, or painter, or musician, or Director, etc , does can be replicated by tens of millions of equally qualified people. The defining characteristic between them getting a gig has very little to do with their artistic talent and moreso to do with their ability to grease the social wheels of their patrons. The mere fact that any random can be an actor or musician in a few months is troubling.

ive personally been artistically inclined and well endowed in acting, sculpting, and music but i threw all that sht in the bushes for a stem role which can rigorously disqualify other applicants. Its a field where your merits get you put on , not favorability. Dont get me wrong here, at the upper echelons of stem , lots of folks are fukking and sucking up (both figuratively and literally) inside stem fields at the VP level , but that behavior is nonexistent at the early and mid tier levels.
Nah breh...there ain't that many Whitney Houstons out there

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There is no disqualifying factor among artists. Everything an actor, or painter, or musician, or Director, etc , does can be replicated by tens of millions of equally qualified people. The defining characteristic between them getting a gig has very little to do with their artistic talent and moreso to do with their ability to grease the social wheels of their patrons. The mere fact that any random can be an actor or musician in a few months is troubling.

ive personally been artistically inclined and well endowed in acting, sculpting, and music but i threw all that sht in the bushes for a stem role which can rigorously disqualify other applicants. Its a field where your merits get you put on , not favorability. Dont get me wrong here, at the upper echelons of stem , lots of folks are fukking and sucking up (both figuratively and literally) inside stem fields at the VP level , but that behavior is nonexistent at the early and mid tier levels.
Like every other discipline the disqualifying factor is ability/skill. Like ever other discipline the lay person doesnt truly know how to assess this. Like every other discipline things that have nothing to do with that ability/skill can get you on and have you very successful (who you know, yo daddy, ability to sell self, attractiveness, willingness to suck dikk). Its dudes in the NBA right now purely because they are good locket room guys. Countless companies are ran by a person that skeeted out of the right dikk. I mean shyt...Trump trolled his way to the presidency.

Also wouldnt call it "art". Its entertainment. Artists study a craft and develop skills under other artists. nikkas arguing qualifies as entertainment. There is no defining characteristic for that...aside from folks being willing to watch. Every actress aint a thespian. Some broads are just pretty (or not even that) and wanna be on the big screen and wear designer shyt.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gotta be clear here...some chicks are about that life and will parlay that p*ssy. Plenty of others are coerced or worse. Just because she went along with it (or it happened one way or another) doesnt mean she was down.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
We gotta be clear here...some chicks are about that life and will parlay that p*ssy. Plenty of others are coerced or worse. Just because she went along with it (or it happened one way or another) doesnt mean she was down.

Plenty of them will.
A majority in fact.

Stop lying to yourselves brehs. These women are about themselves.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plenty of them will.
A majority in fact.

Stop lying to yourselves brehs. These women are about themselves.
No denying this. The thing that men now more then ever are being forced to consider is "why". Did she smash because she wanted you? Did she smash to get ahead? Did she smash because she was scared and dude wasnt taking no for an answer?

The people lying to themselves are the ones acting like they did something by at best smashing a glorified prostitute or at worst begging for some foot in the door p*ssy or worser holding an opportunity over a chicks head or worst taking that shyt. If she acting like she dont know you after the fact its probably one of the worses. A bout that life chick would came through like "Heeeeeey yall" gigglin and shyt.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
wasnt her manager some italian dude that liked running through black women?

“Vincent Cirrincione, who helped propel Halle Berry and Taraji P. Henson to Hollywood stardom, shut his management agency on Monday following allegations that he sexually harassed aspiring black actresses over a period of two decades.”

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps

That’s what I’ve heard. They are more willing to give roles to people with an already established fanbase/social media presence.

But the actors I’m referring too all have strong social media presences

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
A lot of these crehs are sick fukks that couldn't bag an attractive chick without the position. They are predators and deserve to be locked up

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Alot of yall want to cling on to pristine image of your hollywood favorites actress, not in halle berry specifically but fukking and sucking balls has always been known as an upward mobility position in Hollywood devils like weinstein exploited this for deccades

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Happens on every level of entertainment music, film, sports, etc... Gilbert should know, there are plenty athletes that have slept their way to success.
It happens on every level of LIFE period breh. This same shyt is happening everywhere.