Ghostbusters getting rebooted again

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I mean the coming of age story is probably the only genre that rivals the “making it in the city” genre. But no one has really been able to do since Spielberg. Now it’s more YA fantasy than Goonies.

That version of New York that Ghostbusters and Coming to America used doesn’t exist anymore.

To do anything close to that today would be a raunchy Superbad or Royal Tenenbaum ( Wes Andersen is the only person I think could make a GB movie close without aping the original) that most people wouldn’t recognize as Ghostbusters

Fair enough, that New York is no more...to an extent, but the tropes and characters still do. Everyone knows a surly neer-do-well or a genius that's wasting his time and mind on being more stoic. Every personality type in the OG film was perfect. Because no one was perfect, or even "smart". Egon failed more than he succeeded , and ultimately he just winged it in the end. It was dark-ish comedy that worked with both children and adults. And that's the problem today....everyone wants to be Marvel with the quips every sentence and lack of adult themes.

We don't need Paul Rudd, we need 4 characters with personality, put in fukked/funny situations. Obviously no one is going to top Murray, but we need a new rat-pack of Ghostbusters, and kids ain't it.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Fair enough, that New York is no more...to an extent, but the tropes and characters still do. Everyone knows a surly neer-do-well or a genius that's wasting his time and mind on being more stoic. Every personality type in the OG film was perfect. Because no one was perfect, or even "smart". Egon failed more than he succeeded , and ultimately he just winged it in the end. It was dark-ish comedy that worked with both children and adults. And that's the problem today....everyone wants to be Marvel with the quips every sentence and lack of adult themes.

We don't need Paul Rudd, we need 4 characters with personality, put in fukked/funny situations. Obviously no one is going to top Murray, but we need a new rat-pack of Ghostbusters, and kids ain't it.

I was only a kid when it came out but for me the comedian aspect was just one part of the succcess.

The visuals of proton packs and ghost elevated it as an action comedy. I mean the Stay Puft was only on screen like 5 minutes but he and Slimer are more remembered than the actual villains.

There are enough comedian duos or trios Hollywood could plug in to work but fact the visual language of horror and scary stuff has been elevated since then. Makes it even harder to replicate

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

now this looks dope, unlike the :trash: women's SNL reboot they tried to force.

and I heard dan akroyd at the end, so I'm sure bill murray and ernie hudson show up as well. and hell, maybe even rick moranis.

did I see the lady who played the secretary in the trailer?

EDIT: I see the ENTIRE original cast (harold ramis :rip:) is in this. sign me up :feedme:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
now this looks dope, unlike the :trash: women's SNL reboot they tried to force.

and I heard dan akroyd at the end, so I'm sure bill murray and ernie hudson show up as well. and hell, maybe even rick moranis.

did I see the lady who played the secretary in the trailer?

EDIT: I see the ENTIRE original cast (harold ramis :rip:) is in this. sign me up :feedme:

I think the
house the family moves into belongs to Egon/Ramis so it's his daughter/grandkids since the family in the movie said he died

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

tumblr_nu21p01dpO1rp0vkjo1_500.gif