Ghana's Architectural Heritage

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
I was just in Ghana last month, and I toured Elmina Castle. I asked the tour guide what surviving pre-colonial buildings were still around, and he said he didn't know of any. Damn shame.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
I was just in Ghana last month, and I toured Elmina Castle. I asked the tour guide what surviving pre-colonial buildings were still around, and he said he didn't know of any. Damn shame.
I was in Ghana last month too I went to cape coast castle it was interesting to me that they do not teach any slave history in their actual school curriculum,

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I was in Ghana last month too I went to cape coast castle it was interesting to me that they do not teach any slave history in their actual school curriculum,

You want school children to experience the Door of No Return?

You want that administered by a mostly white female teaching staff?

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
You want school children to experience the Door of No Return?

You want that administered by a mostly white female teaching staff?
I don’t know who this white teaching staff is you speak of , there are no white teachers out there besides some exceptions.

As for the kid at slave castle , there actually was a schools field trip going on when I was there with some local elementary school kids but when I was speaking to the tour guide he was telling me in general , Ghanaian do not teach about the slave trade in school . There are people living in the town of the slave castles and forts that have no idea what they even are . If there was better education , Ghana would be a major Allie for slave reparations and pan Africanism and a lot of these diaspora wars would calm