If you still rock with Gamestop they have a Pro Credit Card w/ 4% rewards

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It could have 1000% APR and it wouldn’t matter. I don’t pay interest at all. You should pay your entire statement balance each statement and if you can’t you shouldn’t be using credit cards. The game is to profit off them not have them profit off you.

The type of customer GameStop is aiming for with this terrible card is not the one who pays their balances in full every month. A person could get much better basic cash back credit cards they can use anywhere and use the points accumulated to get a GameStop gift card.

@winb83 stop trying to put them on game, breh. They aren't listening

That being said there's absolutely ZERO chance I'd open a credit card on a (failing) video game store. Idc what the benefits are

The thread title specifically says if you still rock with Gamestop. I wouldn't recommend shopping there but some people do. I shop at Best Buy, Amazon, and Target and have no issue having their store cards although the last 2 are MasterCard and Visa. My Best Buy card a only at Best Buy type back from the poor days I had all maxed out credit cards.
The three stores you mentioned are far bigger retail stores that offer the same products GameStop offers and much more. They all have mediocre credit cards but all three of them are much better and more viable than Gamestop, especially since all three have a store branded card you can use anywhere else Visa or Mastercard is accepted.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No reward credit card is an okey doke. If you earn points for shopping at a store with that card and it's a place you shop then it's worth it.

Again I buy nothing on a credit card I don't have the money in the bank to pay at the statement due date at the time of purchase.

I'm probably more into credit cards than anyone else on this forum. I have 12 cards minimum in my regular use rotation and I haven't had a late payment in 22 years. My FICO score even after losing damn near 20 points for a new auto loan and opening a new credit card in the same month still is decent on Experian.
Smart-Select-20240417-153720-Chrome.jpg

Store credit you actually use to buy stuff is just as useful as cash back. Use the store credit and take the cash you would have spent and just keep it. Same difference really.

Tuck your insecurity in, breh. Wasn't talking about you not knowing anything about credit cards, was just saying that this card is an example of one that looks good on paper, but likely isn't all that worth it.

Why bother opening up a new card that has such a limited use case? You can't earn cash back outside of GameStop, you can't spend the cash back outside of GameStop, and it means you repeatedly have to deal with GameStop's general fukkery, on top of the general uncertainty surrounding its continued existence. Breh, that shyt doesn't even offer any financing options that something like even the basic version of the My Best Buy card does to entice you into larger purchases.

Ultimately, the whole point of having and maintaining good credit is to make sure that for non life changing stuff like this, the vendor is actually offering flexibly usable benefits. As it is, there's absolutely no reason for me to add another card to my collection just so I can have the ability to run up a store credit balance at GameStop.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
It could have 1000% APR and it wouldn’t matter. I don’t pay interest at all. You should pay your entire statement balance each statement and if you can’t you shouldn’t be using credit cards. The game is to profit off them not have them profit off you.

Calm down Dave Ramsey :mjlol:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Can’t even remember the last time I’ve even been in a GameStop :gucci:

Imagine getting a credit card with those fukks.