If you still rock with Gamestop they have a Pro Credit Card w/ 4% rewards

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're already overpaying for their shyt prices as is.
Gamestop mostly charges retail prices. You paying normal prices and getting 4% back on them. Someone shopping at Gamestop is probably preordering new games and picking them up on launch day. They're paying normal prices.

That card gives you $5 monthly in monthly credits so if you buy 1 game a month from them you getting the game for $65.99 and then getting $2.63 back. then the next month you paying $63.36 for a $70 game. You also getting 5% off digital currencies.

That's good benefits on that card. Probably better than a lot of people are doing just paying retail for new games. Sure the APR is sky high but APR is irrelevant because if you don't have the money to pay for the stuff you buy when you buy it shouldn't be buying it anyway. Also damn near all store credit cards have sky high APRs on them.

Daps
GS was the spot for a minute (loved Funcoland more though).

Now I mostly use BestBuy because I got their credit card or just cop from Amazon. GamePass let's me play random games that are intriguing but don't wanna buy like Lies of P, Hellblade, Plague of Innocence etc. Years ago, I would have just bought them used at GameStop.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, this ain't it. This isn't worth the temporary little hit to your credit for a card that you can only use at GameStop, providing benefits you can only use at GameStop. It's just too specific of a card to be worth my time, really.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WinB at your big age I would expect you not to fall for the okey doke with retail store credit cards. Let alone a fukking GAMESTOP one:dead:

That 4% back got breh. :mjlol:

Let this be a lesson for the brehs out there that may not be into credit cards like that. Not all cash back is the same. If it's a store or brand specific card, can't be used outside of that specific store or brand, AND the rewards can only be used there, then it's not cash back. That shyt is store credit.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
WinB at your big age I would expect you not to fall for the okey doke with retail store credit cards. Let alone a fukking GAMESTOP one:dead:
No reward credit card is an okey doke. If you earn points for shopping at a store with that card and it's a place you shop then it's worth it.

Again I buy nothing on a credit card I don't have the money in the bank to pay at the statement due date at the time of purchase.
That 4% back got breh. :mjlol:

Let this be a lesson for the brehs out there that may not be into credit cards like that. Not all cash back is the same. If it's a store or brand specific card, can't be used outside of that specific store or brand, AND the rewards can only be used there, then it's not cash back. That shyt is store credit.
I'm probably more into credit cards than anyone else on this forum. I have 12 cards minimum in my regular use rotation and I haven't had a late payment in 22 years. My FICO score even after losing damn near 20 points for a new auto loan and opening a new credit card in the same month still is decent on Experian.
Smart-Select-20240417-153720-Chrome.jpg

Store credit you actually use to buy stuff is just as useful as cash back. Use the store credit and take the cash you would have spent and just keep it. Same difference really.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@winb83 stop trying to put them on game, breh. They aren't listening

That being said there's absolutely ZERO chance I'd open a credit card on a (failing) video game store. Idc what the benefits are
The thread title specifically says if you still rock with Gamestop. I wouldn't recommend shopping there but some people do. I shop at Best Buy, Amazon, and Target and have no issue having their store cards although the last 2 are MasterCard and Visa. My Best Buy card a only at Best Buy type back from the poor days I had all maxed out credit cards.