Ghana leaders apologize to the Caribbean and the diaspora for selling us into slavery.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
shyt...give me $250k (I don’t give a fukk which guilty party it comes from) and 30 acres (either here or on Africa) and I’m somewhat good. I don’t want no barren ass dry Sahara Desert land, neither.
:wtb:

If you aren’t coughing up some kind of money, land, or resources, then don’t apologize for shyt. That goes for both the buyer and the seller.
:pacspit:

invalid

Banned
Daps
maxresdefault.jpg

:lupe:

Looks like a tropical paradise.

• Dap
Reactions: .r.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
If you're so smart, then answer the question. Are the cacs who called and depicted the people they met here as "black" (not as native american mongloids) the ones "distorting reality"?
:comeon: cacs call anyone whose darker than them black , in the UK they were calling dark skinned indians black at one point before calling them asian fukk you mean

"Hood nikkas" cant be smart huh? :patrice: :mjpls:

I didnt say anything about monarchy in that post. I said my ancestors were rulers. I dont hear the word "slave" and automatically attribute it to myself and my ancestors like you do. Especially since I understand that cacs were also slaves here and in Europe.
Go to your nearest hbcu and go talk to a prof who is versed in African studies im not gonna argue with yall anymore since the woosh was too loud for yall
*checks thread title

:sas2:

:dahell:
my point still stands

did any of you take african histories studies in college, since yall claim to be such pro black

the country that is Ghana now is not the same place that was there in the 1500s, that kingdom was wiped off CLEAN

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
:BearnikkaWhat: :picard::deadmanny:

The big homie continuing to be the realest nikka in the room. shyt was sounding crazy at first but then you end up with "pure" African posters calling African Americans mutts & shyt, so the fog clears.

This is what it always boils down to in every discussion on this subject and that's why nikkas came in from the 1st page dumping the clip. Behind the apologies, we know what lurks behind the mask.

Sell you to rapists & then mock your children for being the product of the sale they facilitated.:Ugh5150:
:ooh:

I wish I could rep you ten times!! :salute:

so much truth in that post :obama:

you just clapped that nikka :wow:

giphy.gif

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Imo, those are real concerns, but still excuses. You've pretty much given up on the idea, or dream(delusion) of America ever making AA whole, when the likely result will be changing one oppressive, discriminatory group, for another, then astutely many'll determine that out only chance comes down to: sovereignty, nationhood, and land ownership, which is possible different scenarios, places, and enclaves...so ultimately any hard work, or toil needed to make that happen will be worth it in the end.

I understand - but I don’t see them as such.

As an AA — to ME personally being in the US - my home - is the closet I will ever be to being “whole.”

No African country, tribe or culture could ever do that for me. And I pray no AA thinks it’s can.

I have land ownership here. My family will pass that down to me here - and I will do the same. What’s worth it to me is building on what my ancestors and family did here in the US.

I have no desire to build in another continent or country I honestly have no connection with - other than some of my ancestors being sold from.

But, at the same time - I don’t knock those AA who want too and do.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Don't forget the elderly Detroit sista who was MURDERED over there for land miscommunication.
May her soul rest peacefully.

Is this it? Man, 22, to die by hanging for killing 2 African - Americans in Akwamufie

When I read the book I mentioned - "Lose Your Mother" -- it opened my eyes all the way up. Not that I ever wanted to live anywhere in Africa - but it helped me understand the dynamics involved.

Snippets below—

Revolutionist Returnees: African Americans/BA's Went To Ghana To Live -- But It Was A Bad Idea:

The émigrés had no illusions about their status, according to Leslie Lacy: “We were tolerated out of sufferance of Nkrumah, and if they could kill him at eight o’clock, our fate would be his at eightthirty.” Ghanaians resented the Afros for occupying positions that were rightfully theirs, having the president’s ear, and presuming to know what was best for Africa. Most African Americans fled voluntarily. A handful were deported. The military officers who forced them from their homes and abandoned them at the Togo border cursed them and called them strangers. The Afros expressed their chagrin in the language of exslaves: “They sold us once and they will sell us again.”

Many Ghanaians Have Another View of Slavery, Due to Their Family Enslaving:

What I discovered was that when Ghanaians, at least those of the elite classes in the south, thought about slavery, they envisioned a “distant cousin from the north” washing clothes and preparing meals in a wellappointed home, the pretty slave wife of their grandfather, or the foreigners in their village.

They exulted in the wealth of slave-trading ancestors, if only because it was less humiliating to have been a merchant than to have been a slave. “People pride themselves that their great-grandfathers rather kept slaves, and were not among the numerous slaves that abounded,” as one man explained. “To be called a slave is an insignia of shame.” The dishonor of the slave had persisted, as had the dignity and self-respect of the affluent and the powerful. The regret was that the wealth had not lasted.

In Elmina, they lamented, “In those days we were rich, but now we’re poor. The Dutch boat has left Elmina.” Few dared to mention the slaves chained in holding cells or taken off the coast, and if they did, they explained that African traders didn’t know how badly the whites treated the slaves across the water.

Others called the Atlantic slave trade the European trade, insisting that the West alone was to blame. It sanitized the whole ugly business and permitted them to believe that they were without scars.

Kofi, an assistant curator at the castle’s museum, confided that it was difficult for him to think of slavery as a terrible fate. “There were slaves in my family,” he told me. “My grandfather owned slaves. I never thought much of it. They were treated no differently than anyone else.” I doubted that Kofi believed this, but he supposed that I was gullible enough to accept it as the truth. The terror of slavery, he tried to convince me, had been confined to the Americas.

Terror was what I took for granted. My own understanding of slavery and Kofi’s could not have been more contrary. Which wasn’t surprising since he was the son of a slave owner and I was the daughter of slaves.

In Ghana, kinship was the idiom of slavery, and in the United States, race was. The language of kinship absorbed the slave and concealed her identity within the family fold (at least that was the official line), whereas the language of race set the slave apart from man and citizen and sentenced her to an interminable servitude. But, as I found out, the line between masters and slaves was no less indelible, even when it wasn’t a color line.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr

As an AA — to ME personally being in the US - my home - is the closet I will ever be to being “whole.”

No African country, tribe or culture could ever do that for me. And I pray no AA thinks it’s can.

I have land ownership here. My family will pass that down to me here - and I will do the same. What’s worth it to me is building on what my ancestors and family did here in the US.

I have no desire to build in another continent or country I honestly have no connection with - other than some of my ancestors being sold from.

No doubt!
Don't misunderstand...America is & will always be our ancestral land, and 'home' no matter where we are. If anything BA are more 'American' than any other..we built this damn country! Same time know that any decision to leave isn't a flee, it's an exit strategy, away from a crooked, corrupt system that will forever be broken, and is continually weakening @ the seams. Any such decision to jump ship is based solely upon the future safety, and livelihood of ourselves, and well as our children...No matter how much you love her, best thing to do is let her go...

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
:comeon: cacs call anyone whose darker than them black , in the UK they were calling dark skinned indians black at one point before calling them asian fukk you mean

You missed the "depict" part. So you're telling me they gave afros to who you call Indians and Asian mongloids because they were darker than them? :dead: :mjlol:

Go to your nearest hbcu and go talk to a prof who is versed in African studies im not gonna argue with yall anymore since the woosh was too loud for yall

Believe modern cac led institutions tell the truth when it comes to history brehs :mjlol: :snoop:

Nkei999

Rookie
Daps
Well... hopefully this will open up more communication between the mainland and the diaspora. I don't know about others but for igbos, most of them were kidnapped by raids from coastal tribes and sold to the carribean/ north america (especially women and children). Because of this, many igbos want to and are very willing to connect to igbo descendants scattered across the globe, (just go to an igbo forum or any igbo social media platform).
However, giving land in a place that is already as small and densely populated as igboland... and with the people's historic attachment to land... :jbhmm:Dual citizenship and perhaps some money is probs the best idea for proven members of the disapora. However, this is unlikely to happen in Nigeria.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Money will be to hard to pass out. But id take dual citizenship and land