Ghana leaders apologize to the Caribbean and the diaspora for selling us into slavery.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
They have already apologized.

How to Apologize for Slavery
Ghana apologizes to slaves' descendants

Also, if this is new -- it may be tied to the decrease in their slavery tourism revenue.

Slave heritage is big business, tainting the diaspora's bonds with Africa

Elmina, Cape Coast Castles records low patronage in 2017

Elmina, Cape Coast Castles records low patronage in 2017
« Prev

Next »

Comments (17)

Cape Coast Castle recorded 61,665 tourists last year as against 70,326 in 2016.

The Cape Coast and Elmina castles saw a reduction in the number of foreign and local tourists who visited the facilities in 2017.

The two castles received 10, 8954 tourists last year as against 111,297 recorded 2016, indicating a decrease of 2,343.

The Cape Coast Castle recorded a total of 61,665 tourists last year as against 70,326 in 2016, a decrease in patronage of 8,661.

Tourist who visited the Elmina Castle, however saw an increase from the 40,971 figure recorded in 2016 to 47,289 in 2017.

The number of domestic tourists who visited the two castles also reduced from 87,655 in 2016 to 80769 in 2017.

The number of foreign tourists increased significantly from 23,639 in 2016 to 29,210 in 2017.

Mrs Martha Krah, the Assistant Administrative Secretary at the Cape Coast Castle, who made this known to the Ghana News Agency (GNA), said the number of foreign students increased from 9,525 in 2016 to 10,368 in 2017.

According to her, 1,787 of last year’s figure was made up of foreign children while 16,834 were adults. She said 33,422 Ghanaian children also visited the two castles.

A total of 458 VIPs also visited the castles last year as against 386 the previous year.

Mrs Krah said despite a slight increase in domestic tourism over the years, school children were the major patrons with very little interest from adults.

She appealed to Ghanaians to show interest in domestic tourism by visiting the tourist sites to have first-hand information on the slave trade.

Ghanaian adults were charged GHC5.00, foreign adults paid Gh¢40.00 and non-Ghanaian students with ID cards paid Gh¢30.00 when they visit the castles.

Again, non-Ghanaian children paid GH¢5.00 and Ghanaian students in the primary and junior high school were charged GH¢1.00 each while senior high school students paid GH¢2.00 and tertiary students with ID cards paid GH¢3.00.

Mrs Krah, however, was not able to disclose the total revenue accrued from the visits, but was optimistic that if the number of visitors continued to increase, it would benefit the Ghana Monuments and Museums Board and the nation at large.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Since some black people are descended from both slave owners and slaves will they have to pay reparations to themselves?:jbhmm:

What do you mean? So, if my 2nd Great Grandfather (white enslaver) raped my 2nd Great Grannie (slave) -- and he owned her -- you are saying that because I descend from him because he raped her -- that it's a difference?

I don't get what you are saying?

Most AADOS descend from slave owners -- not by choice -- our ancestors were raped. Most of our ancestors were enslaved -- not free or Free People of Color.

Last edited:

egg

Banned
Daps
fukk that got to do wit us? If you owe a nikka then you fukkin owe him. Give a fukk how broke you is. Shouldn't have never jumped off in that water then. So that mean all that slavery shyt was for nothin on they end then. At least the white man built some shyt off a nikka and got something to show for it.
If you were going to seek reparations wouldn't you seek it from the slave owners?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
We don't need African nations to apologize.

We need the European nations that benefited from our ancestors' toil to PAY WHAT THEY OWE!!!!!
I believe everyone should pay. The sellers and the buyers.

Unfortunately, most African countries/tribes who were sellers -- sold us for dinnerware, liquor, mirrors, guns/ammo and trinkets. So, they really didn't make any money off selling people.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
nikkas could be at home on the beach, eating fish right now. Ass out! Titties swinging. Not worried about shyt. Instead they sent us over here fukked up livin under some pigskin, dodging bullets can't even BBQ or sell a bottle of water without the laws on our ass.

fukk that nikka, send western union, get well card, a statue, need something in my hand right now muthafukka. Give me that up out you. You owe it.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
If you were going to seek reparations wouldn't you seek it from the slave owners?
Naw, Uncle Oluwale owe me muthafukka. That's who in the hell sunt me ova here. They coulda turnt them crackas around at the door. Fight it out wit them muthafukkas if they ain't wanna leave. fukk it, ride together, die together.

egg

Banned
Daps
I believe everyone should pay. The sellers and the buyers.

Unfortunately, most African countries/tribes who were sellers -- sold us for dinnerware, liquor, mirrors, guns/ammo and trinkets. So, they really didn't make any money off selling people.
I just think it's silly seeking reparations from african countries when they were also the victims.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
nikkas could be at home on the beach, eating fish right now. Ass out! Titties swinging. Not worried about shyt. Instead they sent us over here fukked up livin under some pigskin, dodging bullets can't even BBQ or sell a bottle of water without the laws on our ass.

fukk that nikka, send western union, get well card, a statue, need something in my hand right now muthafukka. Give me that up out you. You owe it.
Why cant you do that right now :dwillhuh: if thats the lifestyle you want go earn it

egg

Banned
Daps
That comes with consequences. If a person is able to trace their ancestry to a specific white slave owner, the question is...What are you gonna do about it?
well .. what you gonna do? :jbhmm: