Getting $$$ one way or the other.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
What were they selling?

I had to goto class so I couldnt see, next time I see it, if I remember to up this thread ill tell ya. I would also add they had a tent off to the side with a table underneath with napkins and condiments and whatnot, idk if most food trucks do this but it seemed like a good idea

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being a landlord isn't all that great of a venture. You probably won't clear a good amount of profit on a monthly basis, unless you're down on your current mortgage and can rent higher w/ a good location. A lot of people forget that you're still going to have issues w/ the house, fixing it, repairs from the tenants causing damage, etc. Best part about it is having someone else pay your mortgage, so from a net worth standpoint that's where you come ahead.
That's why you have to keep an emergency fund.. I was told to keep about 15% of the home's value in an account if you go the real estate route. For Business ventures you'd keep like 3-6 months or more of operating expenses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought about doing a food cart but for like breakfast. I'd set up shop in front of gym early in the AM and peddle steel cut oats and boiled eggs lol I'd probaby have some more variety and I don't think it would blow up but there would be some general interest.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
You know anything about expenses? (Cost to buy a truck, liscensing, cheap food)

And I have zero fod service experience

Food trucks
You know anything about expenses? (Cost to buy a truck, liscensing, cheap food)

And I have zero fod service experience

I cater. To start a food business in Houston and be legit it's all about certificates and licenses. Go to a tax office and get a DBA, food has to be prepared in a certified kitchen, you need a food manager on site, food handlers are supposed to have food handlers license, you need a tax Id, there are a lot of companies out here that do food custom trucks and financing for them. If you want more details inbox me.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
That's why you have to keep an emergency fund.. I was told to keep about 15% of the home's value in an account if you go the real estate route. For Business ventures you'd keep like 3-6 months or more of operating expenses.

I'll rent out my condo over the next few years by the time I cop a house, I was going to have an account just for that place anyway.

Writeoffs > * too