Getting $$$ one way or the other.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been seriously thinking about opening a food truck. I see all these food trucks out here in Houston and wonder how easy/hard that shyt must be.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been seriously thinking about opening a food truck. I see all these food trucks out here in Houston and wonder how easy/hard that shyt must be.

That's my retirement plan. :yes:

At the moment, I'm tryin' to move to Seattle and buy up 2 or 3 vacation rentals. I look on www.vrbo.com and these places are *always* booked for $150-$250 a night. Could make a nice bit of change doing this.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing worth doing is "easy."
That's not what I was saying.

Out here you can't drive 3 minutes without seeing a food truck. They're everywhere.

It just makes me wonder what the process is.

I'm not saying it's easy, but that shyt don't look insanely difficult either

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward

Do it! I attend food truck rallies down here all the time. Like everything else, you need to do your research but if I wasnt set with what I do I would do the food truck thing in a heart beat! :obama:

Last edited:

LOUD

King Of All Kings
Daps
Reppin
Fashion Heavens
Been Supporting black business, I think we need to take it up a notch and create a cross country web of business all black owned. That would have our foot in the door to start a black owned bank, there's more steps to the progression if anyone is serious about it
Defeat Hatred and Pity with Positivity and Faith
Feel the positivity :http://positivityandviusalization.blogspot.com
Check out the positivity : http://www.gofundme.com/3tdu7w
Hunger Leads to Anger: http://livinandeatin.blogspot.com
Interested in Movies or Gaming: http://moviesandgaming.blogspot.com

Beegio

You ni66as don't exist we eat filet mignon
Daps
Yes, good idea; but how do you go about getting a business permit, and amongst many other things: a place to rent out?

Also, how much do you figure this will cost? And where can I even get these supplies from, with a guarantee that the products will be of quality?

That's going to depend on where you live.

You might have to apply for a business license for the state, county, and city you live in. Where I live, the city charges around $15 per yr, the county around $15 per yr, and I think the same for the state. They also pro-rate it, so if you got your business license in April, you would only pay from April-Oct, or April-Dec.

Get a federal tax I.D. after that, and you're officially a businessman/woman.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's going to depend on where you live.

You might have to apply for a business license for the state, county, and city you live in. Where I live, the city charges around $15 per yr, the county around $15 per yr, and I think the same for the state. They also pro-rate it, so if you got your business license in April, you would only pay from April-Oct, or April-Dec.

Get a federal tax I.D. after that, and you're officially a businessman/woman.
I don't want one, but thank you. I asked these questions because I wanted the thread viewers to have something other than ideas, I wanted them to have foundational knowledge as I mentioned. I think your post will be helpful, and again...thank you.

Beegio

You ni66as don't exist we eat filet mignon
Daps
I don't want one, but thank you. I asked these questions because I wanted the thread viewers to have something other than ideas, I wanted them to have foundational knowledge as I mentioned. I think your post will be helpful, and again...thank you.

Ahh, I gotcha

You're welcome

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
That's not what I was saying.
Out here you can't drive 3 minutes without seeing a food truck. They're everywhere.

It just makes me wonder what the process is.

I'm not saying it's easy, but that shyt don't look insanely difficult either
You're right, it's not insanely difficult. I know a few food truck owners and it seems pretty intense. Very hands-on. Keep in mind that food trucks are heavily regulated so make sure you get your paperwork in order. Make sure you're familiar with all the rules governing their operation in your city. Competition is fierce so you have to have everything in order or you will be snitched on very fast.

I don't know if you've answered this yet, but do you have food service experience?

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

I just seen a food truck on my college campus the other day for the first time in my 4 years here and they had a pretty long line.

Had me like :ohhh:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right, it's not insanely difficult. I know a few food truck owners and it seems pretty intense. Very hands-on. Keep in mind that food trucks are heavily regulated so make sure you get your paperwork in order. Make sure you're familiar with all the rules governing their operation in your city. Competition is fierce so you have to have everything in order or you will be snitched on very fast.

I don't know if you've answered this yet, but do you have food service experience?

You know anything about expenses? (Cost to buy a truck, liscensing, cheap food)

And I have zero food service experience

Last edited: