Get your Master's Degree BEFORE your driver's license/* earn Ph. D. BEFORE you can vote

TL15

Veteran
Daps
First off :salute: that young lady. Huge accomplishment

I always wonder how these prodigies get their degrees so quickly. It’s literally :mindblown: to me

First off the costs... financial aid will only pay for so much, college is expensive for anyone. Not saying she used financial aid exclusively, but I guess maybe she was awarded scholarships? That’s great in your undergrad, but graduate school there’s no Pell Grant, fewer scholarships, and cost per credit is typically much higher (30% or so)

And then the time it takes. A typical semester in your undergrad, you’re taking max 18 credits (and that’s with a waiver). How do they find the time to cram in 120 credits for a Bachelors and then 36 more credits for a Masters all before 15?

Shyt I could barely beat GTA without codes at that age :dead:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Congratulations to this young intelligent woman! Wishing all the best in her future endeavors!

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why public school is a joke aside from the experience and social part.

She was able to get a master’s degree by the age of 14... teens her age are wasting their early years in the public school system. She’s almost a decade ahead of the pack.

All factual. American education is slow for no reason

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

She was able to get a master’s degree by the age of 14... teens her age are wasting their early years in the public school system. She’s almost a decade ahead of the pack.
One of my exes was a teacher. She said the difference between teaching in a private and public school is staggering. The system is designed for black people fail. From a lack of funding and opportunities... and simply having teachers that give a damn.

She said seeing all that wasted potential every day broke her spirit.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah.... if a kid has the aptitude to go through grades K-12 academically in 7 years as opposed to 12, they should let them.... holding kids back because of an archaic grade level system stifles and often kills potential....

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
One of my exes was a teacher. She said the difference between teaching in a private and public school is staggering. The system is designed for black people fail. From a lack of funding and opportunities... and simply having teachers that give a damn.

She said seeing all that wasted potential every day broke her spirit.
Class size and ability to remove slow or unruly students from the classroom. From the outside looking in, those seem to be the other big differences between private and public.

I wish there was a way to remove the bottom feeding students from the equation altogether, so that the ones who are there to learn could learn.

Last edited: