Get Out was overrated.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Not bad, but definitely overrated.

It's ultimately a dark comedy, that ending line was corny as all hell, but that's the point, this is directed by guy who got some cac in him, and was born into a middle class family, who ultimately married a white woman. So he can spout all the political bullshyt he wants, but its all hot air. Dude chases the cotton tail just like the rest of us...but yeah throw a political movie out in this current atmosphere, and boom, huge success.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I started skipping through to the end after I figured out the plot twist.

Let me start by saying I understand why it got good reviews. The acting was dope.

However, the premise was too unrealistic which enabled me to figure out the plot in the first 20 minutes.

1. A chick not gonna date you if she doesn't fukk guys who smoke.
2. IF a chick taking you to see her parents after 4 months, your race is different and she didn't tell them, she's either hiding something or the bytch is delusional. Either way, she not keeping it 100.
3. They gave away the movie in the first minute with the kidnapping scene.
4. They tried to hard to make it seem like his girlfriend wasn't in on it when in fact she was.

Movie reminded me of the Wicker Man.

It's not rated high for anything you mentioned. It is being universally praised for tackling the issue of white liberal racism in a new and fresh way, namely using the horror genre to create an allegory to modern white racism. Unless you can name another movie like it, your claims about it being overrated for that praise really don't hold water.