Get Out (2017)

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Seeing this in a black theater was >>>>>>>>>>>*

shyt was fukking hilarious...a lot of layers. Gonna have to rewatch.

I was in a black theatre tonight shyt was awful. Two knuckleheads behind me talking to the screen the whole entire movie what is the fukking point. :what:

Anyways outstanding movie a great step away from the corny hollywood cookie cutter.

kinda disappointed they didn't resolve the situation with the one dude that got kidnapped

Sugarbush

Sucka Free
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone notice that the black chick was the only one that could "snap out" the trance? She snaped out when she was pouring the tea outside and when she was talking to Chris in the bedroom. Both the blacks dudes needed the camera flash. A piece of her was still in there.... fighting:wow:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
So symbolic; for far too long dudes have been given white women a pass like they aren't accomplices in white supremacy along with white men.

Dope flick overall, but it would have been classic if he choked the white girl out at the end.
I took that as a message too. As he was choking the life outta her she dropped the lovey act one last time and made a face, almost like she was satisfied like "hmph see I knew you were always a violent thug, of course." He wanted to prove her wrong and not give her any satisfaction or validation before she died, and just let her bleed out instead. Of course this has a dual purpose as it serves the old horror trope of leaving unrealistic but possible lose ends for future installments.

It was great.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I was never sure of anything, especially the main character's fate, until the credits rolled.
Before he even started choking her, I just knew police were gonna roll up and save her and either shoot him dead or he'd end up in prison. I was relieved in the theater it didnt go that way but the more I think about it, it wouldve been a more powerful ending. :jbhmm:

I wouldnt be surprised if one of those scenarios was an actual alternate ending. I noticed a few scenes from the trailer that didnt make it into the actual film so they probably left a lot on the cutting room floor.