Daps
Should have said fukk it submitted it as a drama if they lose they lose

It definitely can fit as a comedy fukking lil rel was one of the main stars

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't a horror/thriller with the same tone as Fatal Attraction or Silence of the Lambs. It has a tone similar to that of Scream, and Scream is a comedy fukk what ya heard. There should be zero outrage over "Get Out" being submitted under the comedy category.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
This isn't a horror/thriller with the same tone as Fatal Attraction or Silence of the Lambs. It has a tone similar to that of Scream, and Scream is a comedy fukk what ya heard. There should be zero outrage over "Get Out" being submitted under the comedy category.
I hate when ppl look for something thats not there:stopitslime:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine Child's Play getting nominated for "Best Drama" at the Golden Globes :mjlol:

"Bbbbbbbbut it's a thriller"

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It wasn't a comedy but to white supremacists
I guess imma white supremacist because Lil Rel was funny as fukk in that movie.

I have no idea why this is a controversy. The movie was funny and they want it to win awards. It was not going to win the drama category.

Fortunately the Oscars do not do this. And I do think it will be nominated for an Oscar in Best Picture. (and it may win)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I see both sides. It is satire, so it's a shade of comedy and honestly the comedy section of GG's have always been reserved for movies that don't really fit into a perfect box. On the other hand, there's nothing really funny about the subject 'Get Out' is poking at, and I'd hate for anyone to devalue the gravity of the message because of the category, which white folks did to do with race in general.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
After giving my twitter fingers a rest I decide to actually research on Hitchcock and his history with the golden globes. It turns out his movie(s) were submitted in a very similar category:
Nominations

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I see both sides. It is satire, so it's a shade of comedy and honestly the comedy section of GG's have always been reserved for movies that don't really fit into a perfect box. On the other hand, there's nothing really funny about the subject 'Get Out' is poking at, and I'd hate for anyone to devalue the gravity of the message because of the category, which white folks did to do with race in general.
here is my thing tho

When did comedy = devaluing the seriousness?

Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock been doing comedy on societal ills and racism for years. Just because its funny don't mean it's devalued. If anything, thats on you for not taking comedy serious.