Get Out (2017)

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me preface with a - :mjpls:.

I left the theater thinking did Kubrick possess Peele's body and use his experiences and life during the writing/making of this film? (which to say I was cautious of - how would his social commentary carry over from a sketch to a feature-length film). This shyt [satire] bites hard; I mean a film that tackles pandering, cultural appropriation, asteism, typecasts, modern-day thinghood, White America paranoia, Stockholm syndrome and c00ning - all with a black pulse - needed to be made. If only for the purpose to caricaturize the absurdity of this muh'fukken country, we as black folk live in, for the white masses to see. Which is funny because even though it is a veil for racial commentary, it's a better horror in and of itself. Which is the key to great filmmaking, especially for one whom is black and will inevitably have to deal with accusations of agitprop.

I don't wanna go into too much detail about the film, but one thing I will leave you with is Lil Rel being the black meta-Voice Of Reason is low key the most genius thing about it all - not only for providing a comical balance, not only for the view of reality itself, but there's always that one family member who's trying to be all-up-in-the-videos when you're trying to watch a horror film; unable to tune into their suspension of disbelief.
Damn breh props on the write up, I gotta peep this

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Predictable. Which is partly because I saw the trailer beforehand.

So homie I don't care about spoilers when it comes to movies.......

So can you tell me what they were doing to the black people and using it for. I think I have an idea but.............I wanted to know straight from someone who saw the movie.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully gonna catch it this weekend, as my daughter will be at a sleepover on Saturday. Me and my wife probably haven't been out on a date in years :merchant:

ILC303-1.gif

Daps
So homie I don't care about spoilers when it comes to movies.......

So can you tell me what they were doing to the black people and using it for. I think I have an idea but.............I wanted to know straight from someone who saw the movie.
A modern-day take on a slave auction - bidding for black folk to use their bodies as if they were their own. Literally. By way of transplanting part(s) of their brain into the bodies of blacks. I'll let you guess what for.

:mjpls:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
A modern-day take on a slave auction - bidding for black folk to use their bodies as if they were their own. Literally. By way of transplanting part(s) of their brain into the bodies of blacks. I'll let you guess what for.

So...
I'm guessing homie from ATL is just a white guy brain in a black man? And that family just lures negros to the crib with their white daughters?

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

Always comes back to the black dikk :wow:

Daps
Always comes back to the black dikk :wow:
It's less about that (the Jordan smilie was there to point out how he's the apotheosis of blackleticism), and more to do with how white folk view us as simply 'physical specimens', and little else. Therefore, they feel as though they can make the most out of our innate physical gifts with their brains. That's not to say there isn't some next-level cuckold reconnoitre going on in the film.

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
It's less about that (the Jordan smilie was there to point out how he's the apotheosis of blackleticism), and more to do with how white folk view us as simply 'physical specimens', and little else. Therefore, they feel as though they can make the most out of our innate physical gifts with their brains. That's not to say there isn't some next-level cuckold reconnoitre going on in the film.

Oh aight....I get it. My mind was in the gutter. I'mma go see it.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Saw a special screening of this last night. Walked out before they made it to the cac parents house

Racially sensitive black people shouldn't go see this lol

Might be some fights after the movie is over
Lmfao you walked out within the first 15 mins :russ: have you ever finished an entire movie in a theatre before?