Get Out (2017)

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw a special screening of this last night. Walked out before they made it to the cac parents house

Racially sensitive black people shouldn't go see this lol

Might be some fights after the movie is over

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
gonna take my girl and my folks this weekend
really hoping my lil brother makes an appearance for the fukkery

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Avg score 8.1. It'll drop tomorrow prolly
The biggest complaints I've seen from people are that its not scary enough.
When in reality its more of a thriller. Also some didn't like having the comedy aspect of it.

Be influenced by trailers brehs

Current metascore is 77. Some other ones for comparison

The Babadook 86
The Witch 83
It Follows 83
Green Room 79
10 Cloverfield Lane 76
Don't Breathe 71
The Conjuring 68
The Conjuring 2 65
Lights Out 58

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I said this is either going to be amazing or terrible, looks like my predictions were correct:jawalrus: i'll be going to see this next week.
I found your new avatar

6972_Sleepy_Dwarf_Standup_679.jpg

Daps
Let me preface with a - :mjpls:.

I left the theater thinking did Kubrick possess Peele's body and use his experiences and life during the writing/making of this film? (which to say I was cautious of - how would his social commentary carry over from a sketch to a feature-length film). This shyt [satire] bites hard; I mean a film that tackles pandering, cultural appropriation, asteism, typecasts, modern-day thinghood, White America paranoia, Stockholm syndrome and c00ning - all with a black pulse - needed to be made. If only for the purpose to caricaturize the absurdity of this muh'fukken country, we as black folk live in, for the white masses to see. Which is funny because even though it is a veil for racial commentary, it's a better horror in and of itself. Which is the key to great filmmaking, especially for one whom is black and will inevitably have to deal with accusations of agitprop.

I don't wanna go into too much detail about the film, but one thing I will leave you with is Lil Rel being the black meta-Voice Of Reason is low key the most genius thing about it all - not only for providing a comical balance, not only for the view of reality itself, but there's always that one family member who's trying to be all-up-in-the-videos when you're trying to watch a horror film; unable to tune into their suspension of disbelief.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Let me preface with a - :mjpls:.

I left the theater thinking did Kubrick possess Peele's body and use his experiences and life during the writing/making of this film? (which to say I was cautious of - how would his social commentary carry over from a sketch to a feature-length film). This shyt [satire] bites hard; I mean a film that tackles pandering, cultural appropriation, asteism, typecasts, modern-day thinghood, White America paranoia, Stockholm syndrome and c00ning - all with a black pulse - needed to be made. If only for the purpose to caricaturize the absurdity of this muh'fukken country, we as black folk live in, for the white masses to see. Which is funny because even though it is a veil for racial commentary, it's a better horror in and of itself. Which is the key to great filmmaking, especially for one whom is black and will inevitably have to deal with accusations of agitprop.

I don't wanna go into too much detail about the film, but one thing I will leave you with is Lil Rel being the black meta-Voice Of Reason is low key the most genius thing about it all - not only for providing a comical balance, not only for the view of reality itself, but there's always that one family member who's trying to be all-up-in-the-videos when you're trying to watch a horror film; unable to tune into their suspension of disbelief.
Give me one criticism without spoilers.