...::Get 2 Da Point: The Official 2012-2013 Greatest Show on Earth Season thread::...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
MWP is trash on defense too. He gets a few steals here and there but he's getting burned all the time just like Kobe is. It's MWP's guy shooting the wide open 3's just as often as Kobe's guy is.

Beyond that his offense is pure :trash: Even when he was on the Kings I couldn't stand him ever having the ball. When he puts up 20-25 shots, it's disruptive as fukk to the offense, even moreso than when Kobe goes into psycho bean mode. He takes stupid shots, he misses easy shots, he turns the ball over for no reason, and in general just moves around like a bumbling retard.

It's hilarious that people are seeing that he's scoring more this year and they think he's more productive. It just means he's shooting the ball more and that's a bad thing.

I'm not referring to in general or him taking that many shots regularly (unless he's actually making at least 45% of em)

I'm specifically talking about the game last night against the Spurs. He had a great game....why should he have stopped shooting?:manny:

10-22 from the field, 23 points, 8 rebounds, 7 steals....that's great production:ehh:

Normally, no. I dont like to see him shooting, because he's not a great shooter. But if he's knocking them down in a game, at a good clip, then why would I say stop shooting when I wouldnt say the same about Kobe? That's all I was trying to say.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
MWP is trash on defense too. He gets a few steals here and there but he's getting burned all the time just like Kobe is. It's MWP's guy shooting the wide open 3's just as often as Kobe's guy is.

Beyond that his offense is pure :trash: Even when he was on the Kings I couldn't stand him ever having the ball. When he puts up 20-25 shots, it's disruptive as fukk to the offense, even moreso than when Kobe goes into psycho bean mode. He takes stupid shots, he misses easy shots, he turns the ball over for no reason, and in general just moves around like a bumbling retard.

It's hilarious that people are seeing that he's scoring more this year and they think he's more productive. It just means he's shooting the ball more and that's a bad thing.

He's shooting his highest fg% since 07-08, while taking more shots. How is that not being more productive? :rudy:

He takes stupid shots, but all in all, he's been MUCH more productive on offense.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
He's shooting his highest fg% since 07-08, while taking more shots. How is that not being more productive? :rudy:

He takes stupid shots, but all in all, he's been MUCH more productive on offense.

Because it doesn't help the team, it is just more numbers for him. He has terrible tunnel vision and he's basically a black hole once he gets the ball. If the defense collapses on him, he won't pass to the cutter or the guy wide open behind the 3 point line, he's just going to bullrush to the basket and take a contested shot or fumble it out of bounds.

The only time you want him shooting is if the defenders wall off Kobe or Nash or whoever is driving to the basket and he's wide open. In that case, he's a higher percentage option than Kobe or Nash taking a contested shot in traffic. Still, it's a last resort. But god damn, you never call Artest's number on offense and give him an opportunity to run plays for himself. He's beyond terrible. Him "being more productive" takes the ball away from guys that are scoring at much higher percentages.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Because it doesn't help the team, it is just more numbers for him. He has terrible tunnel vision and he's basically a black hole once he gets the ball. If the defense collapses on him, he won't pass to the cutter or the guy wide open behind the 3 point line, he's just going to bullrush to the basket and take a contested shot or fumble it out of bounds.

The only time you want him shooting is if the defenders wall off Kobe or Nash or whoever is driving to the basket and he's wide open. In that case, he's a higher percentage option than Kobe or Nash taking a contested shot in traffic. Still, it's a last resort. But god damn, you never call Artest's number on offense and give him an opportunity to run plays for himself. He's beyond terrible. Him "being more productive" takes the ball away from guys that are scoring at much higher percentages.

I've seen him hit a lot of run-stopping 3's this season.

When he gets on and tries to do too much it takes away from the team, but that applies to every player in the NBA. Ever since last year though (around when he elbowed Harden) his offense has been steadily getting better. This is undeniable.

I really only have a problem with him shooting those off-balance 3's he loves, and when he tries to beat defenders off the dribble. And even then I've seen him bully his way into the lane and convert. His handles though ... atrocious.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Just listens to Bill Simmons' latest podcast. Jalen Rose is on, and he spits some real shyt about the Lakers.

How people saying Kobe is bad on defense is untrue ...
How D'Antoni is wrongly called an offensive genius "If D'Antoni was the coach of the Rockets and they were scoring 118 like they are now, he'd be called a genius."

Some other shyt I forgot, lol, but it was good.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Lakers Rumors: Team Interested In Tyreke Evans?

by Marc Quaranta
The summer was filled with busy trades and signings for the Los Angeles Lakers. They made a huge blockbuster trade that sent Andrew Bynum to Philadelphia and brought Dwight Howard in from the Orlando Magic. A few weeks before that, they made a sign and trade with the Phoenix Suns to bring in Steve Nash. They also brought in former Sixth Man of the Year, Antwan Jamison.
It was supposed to be an easy stroll to the NBA Finals for this team, which also consists of two other future Hall of Famers in Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, but it hasn’t turned out that way.
If rumors move around the NBA quicker than runners in a 100-meter dash, consider the Lakers Usain Bolt.
Tyreke Evans, the fourth year swing guard of the Sacremento Kings, is reportedly on the trading block and the Lakers are one of the teams that are supposedly interested. Among them, others teams include the Boston Celtics, the Memphis Grizzlies, and the Denver Nuggets.
In an article by Steve von Horn of SBNation.com, Tyreke Evans “wouldn’t be too broken up about it if the Kings traded him prior to the Feb. 21 deadline.”
While Evans has played one game in three weeks because of soreness in his left knee, he said he is frustrated that the organization hadn’t scheduled a second opinion. Evans is in the last year of his contract and has taken rehab slow saying he doesn’t want to have a setback when playing for a new contract.
“Definitely,” he said. “That’s why I sat out so many games. I wasn’t going to come back until I was ready, near 100 percent. You have to think about that. But the knee feels good now, it doesn’t hurt. I just want to get back out there and start playing like I can.”
It isn’t certain what the Lakers would offer for Evans, but with guys like Bryant and Nash around to mentor Evans, those in Lakerland may believe that Tyreke would begin to groom as the All-Star everyone thought he’d be coming out of Memphis.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The Lakers have nothing to offer the Kings for Tyreke and I'm sure he'd be thrilled about coming off the bench while playing for a new contract.

HollywoodP

Daps
Reppin
The Lakers have nothing to offer the Kings for Tyreke and I'm sure he'd be thrilled about coming off the bench while playing for a new contract.
Coming off the bench? have u forgotten the Lakers are playin small ball. Nash and Morris are starting foo...not sayin we can land reke...but Kobes at the 3... he wouldnt be coming off the bench.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Coming off the bench? have u forgotten the Lakers are playin small ball. Nash and Morris are starting foo...not sayin we can land reke...but Kobes at the 3... he wouldnt be coming off the bench.

Tyreke can't shoot and he needs the ball in his hands to be successful. Nash and Kobe will still be doing most of the ball handling. He would have to come off the bench to be effective for this team.

HollywoodP

Daps
Reppin
Tyreke can't shoot and he needs the ball in his hands to be successful. Nash and Kobe will still be doing most of the ball handling. He would have to come off the bench to be effective for this team.
Tyreke aint really played off the ball a whole lot to make that judgement. Pringles wouldnt have the audacity to start Morris over him (seeing as he pretty much has the same role Reke would have.)

Starter or not... he aint gonna be unhappier than he currently is in Sac town.