Georgia republican wants poor kids to sweep floors for lunch :dead:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
:ufdup:... this is a proposal in georgia. there won't be any middle ground if they decide to put it up for a vote. and this isn't about conservative/liberal (even though it is a dumb conservative idea). i call it like i see it regardless of political affiliation, it's just the conservatives are always on a roll with the victimization of rich people. i'm all for applying something like this equally to all kids regardless of their financial background or race, instead of just singling out poor kids. is your conservative skull too thick to see that?
:comeon: So you are going to echo my point the entire thread, even say you a for it(which I pointed out you didnt say you were against), then ask if I can see that?
:deadmanny:

No, no I cant see it :stopitslime: explain it to me.:stopitslime:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Jackson county is almost 90 percent white, so he'd be doing it to his own kind. Let em do it and let's see how the narrative plays out.... :shaq:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: So you are going to echo my point the entire thread, even say you a for it(which I pointed out you didnt say you were against), then ask if I can see that?
:deadmanny:
No, no I cant see it :stopitslime: explain it to me.:stopitslime:

:beli: i said it in the first post i made in this thread. before you went on your "what he was really trying to say was..." bs
...either apply it to everyone or ...:camby:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You guys are missing the point by focusing on the idiot messenger, and his class warfare muddled rant. Lets pretend he said spics instead of children.
The idea that they should be able to work at a young age would still be valid despite the ignorance around it.

Neither of you have said you disagree with this, you are just disgusted by how republican he is being about it :pachaha:. All I'm doing is pointing my finger at the issue of youth working.

That's the thing, though. Nobody's missing the point here but you. The only point to his statements were exactly what he said. You're making a completely different point and then defending it as if he said it, while also downplaying what he actually said. That reflects exactly what I was talking about earlier- there's no need to twist his idiotic statements into something more acceptable. Just keep it moving and make your point separately.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
That's the thing, though. Nobody's missing the point here but you. The only point to his statements were exactly what he said. You're making a completely different point and then defending it as if he said it, while also downplaying what he actually said. That reflects exactly what I was talking about earlier- there's no need to twist his idiotic statements into something more acceptable. Just keep it moving and make your point separately.
:ohhh: So the point tof the whole thread was to point and laugh at a known buffoon... My bad. You guys agree with my point, but dont feel its relevant. I get it.
Carry on with your GoP slander

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A Republican congressman from Georgia who is hoping to be party’s next Senate nominee said over the weekend that poor children should have to pay or sweep floors if they wanted to eat school lunches.

All his comments were thoughtlessly phrased, but the underlining point is valid. Allowing kids to work(voluntarily) shouldn't be seen as a bad thing... by anyone.
:yeshrug:
:ufdup:

Be a libertarian and side with the govt. trying to impose a work ethic in kids brehs.
:camby:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
A Republican congressman from Georgia who is hoping to be party’s next Senate nominee said over the weekend that poor children should have to pay or sweep floors if they wanted to eat school lunches.

:ufdup:

Be a libertarian and side with the govt. trying to impose a work ethic in kids brehs.
:camby:
impose?:beli:

Either way Newt is a tool, and the focus of the thread is clearly on his idiocy/ignorance, not any labor or injustice that is occurring.

Just call him a dumb cac and keep it moving.

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet another example of the class warfare that has been declared. This kinda reminds me of that rethuglican scumbag from Missouri who a couple
years ago wanted to get rid of free/reduced price school lunches. Their solution? Have all the poor kids work at McDonald's and eat there. :stopitslime:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:ohhh: So the point tof the whole thread was to point and laugh at a known buffoon... My bad. You guys agree with my point, but dont feel its relevant. I get it.
Carry on with your GoP slander

It's not that it's not relevant. It's that you came off like you were defending this man by claiming that we misunderstood him and he really meant something reasonable and benevolent, which is obviously not true if you look at his own words and their context.

If you want to talk about work and young people, that's cool, but there's no need to do it by trying to defend anything this man said or relating yourself to him. What I don't understand is, if you really believe that both parties are bad, why do you try and defend the GOP and associate yourself with them instead of making an independent stand with your own viewpoint? In the case of this thread, what you are want to say is more reasonable than what the GOP buffoon said, so why taint it by association with them?

And "slander" implies falsehoods. No one is making up anything about this man.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
It's not that it's not relevant. It's that you came off like you were defending this man by claiming that we misunderstood him and he really meant something reasonable and benevolent, which is obviously not true if you look at his own words and their context.

If you want to talk about work and young people, that's cool, but there's no need to do it by trying to defend anything this man said or relating yourself to him. What I don't understand is, if you really believe that both parties are bad, why do you always try and defend the GOP and associate yourself with them instead of making an independent stand with your own viewpoint?

And "slander" implies falsehoods. No one is making up anything about this man.
I defend liberty, and on fiscal issues the GoP fall on that side. On social issues it goes the other way. There are many issues where I agree completely with liberals, those just never come up.

Libertarian viewpoints align with both sides on different issues, I dont think there really is a separate viewpoint on any issue other than ending inflation, and freeing the market...

To be completely honest, I just didnt think you guys made a thread just to bash Newt and show how idiotic he is... it seems like a waste of time. But I was wrong. :manny:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I defend liberty, and on fiscal issues the GoP fall on that side. On social issues it goes the other way. There are many issues where I agree completely with liberals, those just never come up.

Libertarian viewpoints align with both sides on different issues, I dont think there really is a separate viewpoint on any issue other than ending inflation, and freeing the market...

To be completely honest, I just didnt think you guys made a thread just to bash Newt and show how idiotic he is... it seems like a waste of time. But I was wrong. :manny:

But you already seem not to agree with him. So why can't you make this a productive discussion without associating yourself with and trying to defend a statement you yourself called idiotic? :mindblown:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But you already seem not to agree with him. So why can't you make this a productive discussion without associating yourself with and trying to defend a statement you yourself called idiotic? :mindblown:
dead can make a great politician. that nicca flip flops leaving even himself :wtf::banderas:

nicca fuqs me up so much i don't even know what side i'm on anymore.