Georgia republican wants poor kids to sweep floors for lunch :dead:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
All his comments were thoughtlessly phrased, but the underlining point is valid. Allowing kids to work(voluntarily) shouldn't be seen as a bad thing... by anyone.

A good comparative look at what our youth are doing in their spare time now, leaves no room to argue that giving them jobs would be a net loss/negative.

I'm all for it. :yeshrug:

Bruh, no need to stretch and twist the fukk out of every conservative statement until it sounds reasonable. It's ok to just leave some be and admit they're stupid. The "underlining point" in his statement was not that "kids voluntarily working should be seen as a good thing." It's not a matter of phrasing. He expressed his views perfectly clearly, and there wasn't any miscommunication or poor word choice involved.

You can find a better example to use to make your stand than this garbage.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Bruh, no need to stretch and twist the fukk out of every conservative statement until it sounds reasonable. It's ok to just leave some be and admit they're stupid. The "underlining point" in his statement was not that "kids voluntarily working should be seen as a good thing." It's not a matter of phrasing. He expressed his views perfectly clearly, and there wasn't any miscommunication or poor word choice involved.

You can find a better example to use to make your stand than this garbage.
Youth voluntarily working is reasonable, and the phrasing was extremely poor. They should have used "youth" instead of "poor children"...

also his last sentence is the underlying point.:comeon:
"I’ll stand by the idea young people ought to learn how to work.”

Just say you disagree, and state why. Simply calling it stupid makes me think you have no case

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Youth voluntarily working is reasonable, and the phrasing was extremely poor. They should have used "youth" instead of "poor children"...

Just say you disagree, and state why. Simply calling it stupid makes me think you have no case

poor phrasing? :skip:...:pachaha:

he said exactly what he intended to say. why are you always predisposed to defending dumb sh1t like this?

sometimes you just need to put down the :cape: and let these people bask in the idiocy.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC

So he meant "all youth" but for some reason specifically said "poor people" instead? :ohhh:

And then when he later said:

“Really poor children, in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works so they have no habit of showing up on Monday... They have no habit of staying all day, they have no habit of I do this and you give me cash, unless it is illegal."

and

"You take half those janitors, you could give lots of poor kids a work experience in the cafeteria, in the school library, in the front office, in a lot of different things."

he meant "all youth" both times, and he just happened to choose "poor" as an unfortunate word choice? :ohhh:

So the last sentence, in which he says "young people" in a general sense is his underlying point, even though he specifically singled out poor children as lazy and needing to work and specifically only talked about them repeatedly? If I make a long ass speech about how Black people are genetically lazy and stupid, then I end the speech with the line, "everyone should learn work ethic and get educated," is that last line my "underlying point," and the rest of my speech just "poor word choice?"

You capin extra hard right now. :patrice:

Last edited:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
poor phrasing? :skip:...:pachaha:

he said exactly what he intended to say. why are you always predisposed to defending dumb sh1t like this?

sometimes you just need to put down the :cape: and let these people bask in the idiocy.

So he meant "all youth" but for some reason specifically said "poor people" instead? :ohhh:

And then when he later went on this rant, “Really poor children, in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works so they have no habit of showing up on Monday... They have no habit of staying all day, they have no habit of I do this and you give me cash, unless it is illegal," he really just meant "all youth" even though he said "poor children?" :ohhh:

And then after that, when he said, "You take half those janitors, you could give lots of poor kids a work experience in the cafeteria, in the school library, in the front office, in a lot of different things," he really just meant "all youth?" :ohhh:

So the last sentence, in which he says "kids" in a general sense is his underlying point, even though he specifically singled out poor children as lazy and needing to work and specifically only talked about them repeatedly? If I make a long ass speech about how Black people are genetically lazy and stupid, then I end the speech with the line, "everyone should learn work ethic and get educated," is that last line my "underlying point," and the rest of my speech just "poor word choice?"

You capin extra hard right now. :patrice:
You guys are missing the point by focusing on the idiot messenger, and his class warfare muddled rant. Lets pretend he said spics instead of children.
The idea that they should be able to work at a young age would still be valid despite the ignorance around it.

Neither of you have said you disagree with this, you are just disgusted by how republican he is being about it :pachaha:. All I'm doing is pointing my finger at the issue of youth working.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You guys are missing the point by focusing on the idiot messenger, and his class warfare muddled rant. Lets pretend he said spics instead of children.
The idea that they should be able to work at a young age would still be valid despite the ignorance around it.

Neither of you have said you disagree with this, you are just disgusted by how republican he is being about it :pachaha:. All I'm doing is pointing my finger at the issue of youth working.

:leostare: ....are you trolling right now? don't be in here trolling when we're being serious. :birdman: you're making a completely different argument than what this guy said. you're not this dense. not only is he using class warfare to push an fukked up agenda on the poor, he's adding insult to injury by saying poor kids have no idea of what earning for a living is "unless it is illegal". come on, bruh. stop with the revisionist bs and just accept this for what it is.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
:leostare: ....are you trolling right now? don't be in here trolling when we're being serious. :birdman: you're making a completely different argument than what this guy said. you're not this dense. not only is he using class warfare to push an fukked up agenda on the poor, he's adding insult to injury by saying poor kids have no idea of what earning for a living is "unless it is illegal". come on, bruh. stop with the revisionist bs and just accept this for what it is.
taking f*cked up agendas from both sides and turning them into something worthwhile is the name of the game :ehh:

:ufdup:You guys are getting to caught up in the politics of the shyt. Most bills start out extreme one way and end up in the middle.

:ohhh: Wait, is the point of this thread just to call him a idiot and laugh? if so, my bad:manny:, ill go back to my cave and let you liberals have you're fun.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
taking f*cked up agendas from both sides and turning them into something worthwhile is the name of the game :ehh:

:ufdup:You guys are getting to caught up in the politics of the shyt. Most bills start out extreme one way and end up in the middle.

:ohhh: Wait, is the point of this thread just to call him a idiot and laugh? if so, my bad:manny:, ill go back to my cave and let you liberals have you're fun.

:ufdup:... this is a proposal in georgia. there won't be any middle ground if they decide to put it up for a vote. and this isn't about conservative/liberal (even though it is a dumb conservative idea). i call it like i see it regardless of political affiliation, it's just the conservatives are always on a roll with the victimization of rich people. i'm all for applying something like this equally to all kids regardless of their financial background or race, instead of just singling out poor kids. is your conservative skull too thick to see that?