George R.R. Martin sends Marvel to BOLIVIA "I'm tired of Marvel villains" LMAO

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Real talk tho: is everyone going to be crucified for the slightest criticism of these flicks?

Yes!

2EgurpK.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Ok. Pilate :russ:

But seriously though, motherfukkers ain't even reading:

"I am tired of this Marvel movie trope where the bad guy has the same powers as the hero. The Hulk fought the Abomination, who is just a bad Hulk. Spider-Man fights Venom, who is just a bad Spider-Man. Iron Man fights Ironmonger, a bad Iron Man. Yawn. I want more films where the hero and the villain have wildly different powers. That makes the action much more interesting."

He says nothing about them being underdeveloped or lacking personality or not catching enough bodies or being too jokey or whatever, only that he wishes they'd be more imaginative in using villains whose powers aren't the same as the hero's. Which makes sense, Yellowjacket certainly gave me some Iron Monger vibes, and I just remembered the MCU version of the Red Skull also took (and early version of) the super soldier formula like Cap.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

"I am tired of this Marvel movie trope where the bad guy has the same powers as the hero. The Hulk fought the Abomination, who is just a bad Hulk. Spider-Man fights Venom, who is just a bad Spider-Man. Iron Man fights Ironmonger, a bad Iron Man. Yawn. I want more films where the hero and the villain have wildly different powers. That makes the action much more interesting."

He says nothing about them being underdeveloped or lacking personality or not catching enough bodies or being too jokey or whatever, only that he wishes they'd be more imaginative in using villains whose powers aren't the same as the hero's. Which makes sense, Yellowjacket certainly gave me some Iron Monger vibes, and I just remembered the MCU version of the Red Skull also took (and early version of) the super soldier formula like Cap.

Word. He isn't dissing anyone he's just asking for a little variety.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean... that's the just the way comic booking goes. Usually the villain is just the evil version of the good guy. :yeshrug: I don't really think it's a good argument when it comes to the Marvel movies though. Sure, there's Ant-Man and Iron Man 1, but all the other villains seem pretty different to me. :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean... that's the just the way comic booking goes. Usually the villain is just the evil version of the good guy. :yeshrug: I don't really think it's a good argument when it comes to the Marvel movies though. Sure, there's Ant-Man and Iron Man 1, but all the other villains seem pretty different to me. :manny:

Touche breh

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
To be fair to homie though, he did say he liked the movie so it's not quite bolivia..more like the country next to bolivia. But he isn't saying anything that hasn't been said before

When has what he's said been said?. Criticism off the marvel villains is about development, motivations and their overall lack of emphasis not them being similar to the the hero in terms of aesthetic, powers and abilities.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Not in DC

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
complain about villains and cite ones from a film in 2008 and one that wasnt even apart of MCU, while being lazy and not feeding your own fans, brehs

i'll leave this here

marvel got they outline for there movies done tho, how bout u george? :mjpls::sas2:
:dead: maybe he should spend less time watching marvel and more time actually working. marvel is feeding their fans george, your fans outside dressed like jon snow looking like :feedme:

Word. He isn't dissing anyone he's just asking for a little variety.
thats the point. the irony is his fat ass is critiquing people that are actually putting out product while he continues to live off HBO paychecks

When has what he's said been said?. Criticism off the marvel villains is about development, motivations and their overall lack of emphasis not them being similar to the the hero in terms of aesthetic, powers and abilities.
true :ehh:

but we cant let the truth get in the way here can we :troll:

Last edited:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

I was just about to point this out........its funny though, because Marvel had the chance to break this trend with Iron Man 3, but we all know what happened there

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
His complaint is a trope associated with most superheroes. OP is a DC fanboy so it can also apply to Batman with Raz, Superman with Zod and Green Lantern with Sinestro.