George R.R. Martin flew to New York to beg an HBO executive to make Game of Thrones 10 seasons long

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The thing with the GOT franchise is that none of the prequels matter because the actual ending was so shytty.

GRRM should of finished the damn books.

Obviously the franchise is still very popular and i have no doubt these prequels will do well. But in the grand scheme of it all none of it matters. Jon still goes to the wall untouched. Bran still becomes king. Arya still kills the night king. You are never gonna be able to change these ridiculous outcomes.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
I’m not doing it, lol, I know a lot of people swear by it, but after WoT, I don’t really want to get into another series quite that long. I’m having enough issues finding the time to finish off The Black Company, and I’m not even finished it yet, been chipping away for a couple months now while consuming different series at the same time. Right now I’m on The Broken Empire, about 60% done the last book, and then I’m gonna go to the next Mark Lawrence trilogy. I have the 1st book of Malazan, I started it, and it’s a lot already to follow. I have real issues with reading comprehension, have to read or listen to something a few times sometimes because my brain likes to bounce around sometimes, lol.
It has been the end of all other fantasy reading for me. Two authors, 20+ books between them, an amazing universe and story. I'm finishing up my third reread of the main books right now, so many little (and major) set ups and plot points that only make sense after you've read the whole story. It's truely amazing if it's your taste.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
It has been the end of all other fantasy reading for me. Two authors, 20+ books between them, an amazing universe and story. I'm finishing up my third reread of the main books right now, so many little (and major) set ups and plot points that only make sense after you've read the whole story. It's truely amazing if it's your taste.
You know what, I will definitely pick up again if you say that the world building is that good. I love discovering new stuff/Easter eggs in The Cosmere, I love the cycle of Galand, Hobbs Farseer world, my favorite is still any and all things Osten Ard, Tad Williams is the greatest imo!

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
The thing with the GOT franchise is that none of the prequels matter because the actual ending was so shytty.

Obviously the franchise is still very popular and i have no doubt these prequels will do well. But in the grand scheme of it all none of it matters. Jon still goes to the wall untouched. Bran still becomes king. Arya still kills the night king. You are never gonna be able to change these ridiculous outcomes.
these prequel stories are totally disconnected from these characters so i dont really see you your point. Youre talking like this prequel show gonna lead right into the 1st ep of GOT. Its not.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

I'm really curious how George orchestrates this event because it still makes no sense to me

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They ignored his outline. He literally says they were ignoring his template after season 4. So there are some
broad end game points that will be similar but a lot of things necessarily will be drastically different. One of the obvious examples Arya and the Night King, as no Night King exists in the books, and Arya won’t have any connection to that storyline. Another obvious one is Tyrion.

Book Tyrion and Show Tyrion are completely different characters past season 4. There is no way in hell his book plot will be anything like what the show did with him. GRRM sees Tyrion as a villain. D&D saw him as their fan favorite good guy that can do no wrong.

It’s partially why almost nothing Tyrion does past season 4 makes sense. They are completely ignoring the template for him and making up an entire new story for him.
For the end, he did let them know what happens. Talking specifically the ending.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
For the end, he did let them know what happens. Talking specifically the ending.

Some endings, but others are endings they made up on their own. They ignored his template which meant certain endings GRRM has in mind were impossible for D&D to do because they went in their own direction.

Such as...

He wasn't in the books???

No. D&D made this up, as well as the idea that killing one can kill them all.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
We'll see if the prequel shows can repair the "brand." I don't think they can but I know there are people out there who not on the internet and weren't too bothered by the ending.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We'll see if the prequel shows can repair the "brand." I don't think they can but I know there are people out there who not on the internet and weren't too bothered by the ending.
It's 2021, nobody is not on the internet. You talking about Amish people or something?
mfmNVR1.png

The only people unbothered by the ending is people that binged 1-7 before the final season because they wanted to jump on the bandwagon.

And no, I'm not saying that anecdotally. If you go back to the season 8 thread I pointed out how the main people copping pleas had never posted in a "GOT" thread prior to the final season.

Fred.