George Lucas Says Star Wars Changed Dramatically After the Sale to Disney

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Disney has no interest in art of quality, they're focused on milking IPs until they're bone dry. Besides constantly hiring bad writers, not letting directors control sets etc I think a major problem is that they completely disagree with George about the essence of Star Wars. It is a fantasy series for children. It was never really "science fiction" in the way Star Trek or Dune were. It's a space opera serial, similar to the ones George enjoyed as a child. Disney has spent so much time obsessing over adult Star Wars fans that they've sucked any magic out of the product. There is no need for a "serious" Star Wars show with "adult themes." Focusing on appealing to man children who are going to consume just about anything anyway is a bad idea. The goal should always be to capture the imagination of children and make Star Wars something they anticipate, generation after generation. You can't do that while pumping out multiple shows a year, developing multiple spin off movies, etc.

The other weird thing I notice is obsession with endless growth and never ending consumption across the globe. Star Wars never had a problem with being accessible, it never had a problem appealing to different people around the globe, etc. Yet with nearly every show there's this weird corporate push to act like Star Wars was not for everyone until Disney stepped in. That girls, black people, etc didn't have a place until Disney trotted out some (half assed) characters for us, so we can finally understand Star Wars is for us too. This focus constantly results in bad shows and films where there's clearly more focus on creating derivative characters than telling fun or compelling stories. And the funny thing is no one really gives a fukk about the new characters beyond Mandolorian, and even that shyt got ruined super quick. It's just nonstop slop.

There's a big problem where there isn't a stable of talented, visionary writers coming up with fun stories VS a focus on re-hashing shyt with some random black character thrown in, that black people don't even fukk with. This should be writer driven, instead it's producer driven...
I agree with most of that, except Andor is good

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Franchise has alwaya been mid as fukk, the only difference is that Disney is releasing SW shyt yearly for whatever reason.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Franchise has alwaya been mid as fukk, the only difference is that Disney is releasing SW shyt yearly for whatever reason.
Return on investment

And yesterday's mid aint today's

Yesterday's mid had new ideas

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Sure but they have had more than enough time to realize that this yearly shyt isn't working, unless it is and the people whinning are still watching everything.
Nah I agree it's always been a bad idea

Takes the magic away

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
They made their money back just on grogu toys.. they need to space the releases out …. Take time with scripts.. get actual writers

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:mjlol:
I'm sorry, but imagine me buying something from you, and then you try and tell how to use it,

If i was disney i would've told George Lucas to kick rocks too.

This doesn't mean they aren't trash however.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm sorry, but imagine me buying something from you, and then try and tell how to use it,

THE THING IS KATHLEEN KENNEDY
WAS HIS SECOND IN CHARGE
SO HE THOUGHT HE WAS LEAVING
THE COMPANY IN GOOD HANDS.

SHE BECAME THE TOP DOG
AND WENT ROGUE.

HIS BEEF IS REALLY WITH HER.

:devil:
:evil:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

THE THING IS KATHLEEN KENNEDY
WAS HIS SECOND IN CHARGE
SO HE THOUGHT HE WAS LEAVING
THE COMPANY IN GOOD HANDS.

SHE BECAME THE TOP DOG
AND WENT ROGUE.

HIS BEEF IS REALLY WITH HER.

thought he had a Kevin Feige. whole time she wasn't a fan of starwars but a critic

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I'm sorry, but imagine me buying something from you, and then try and tell how to use it,

:russ:Lucas can only blame himself. Bro should’ve had a trusted protege. To lead the franchise in his absence, and made sure his ideas/lore stayed intact. The IP is Disney’s now that’s including lore, canon, etc. And they’re free to do whatever the fukk they want with it. Lucas shouldn’t sold the franchise but then again. That’s what many people wanted after the prequels. Sell your beloved IP to the greedy mouse crehs.

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

YOU MISSED MY POST.

KATHLEEN KENNEDY WAS HIS PROTEGE
BUT SHE WAS CLEARLY A SITH IN HIDING.

:ufdup:Should’ve picked a better protege
obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars.gif