Geoff Keighley compares gamepass to basic cable, while Sony is HBO

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png
scEwpKb.png

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I like how the conversation has changed from who won the console war to “who makes the most money” “Microsoft doesn’t give a shyt about selling you an Xbox, bro, it’s all about the ecosystem”

Since this is the Coli where highly intelligent people congregate, someone please explain to me how Microsoft makes money from a subscription service full of IPs they don’t even own, and which no one, especially Xbots, pays full price for

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I like how the conversation has changed from who won the console war to “who makes the most money” “Microsoft doesn’t give a shyt about selling you an Xbox, bro, it’s all about the ecosystem”

Since this is the Coli where highly intelligent people congregate, someone please explain to me how Microsoft makes money from a subscription service full of IPs they don’t even own, and which no one, especially Xbots, pays full price for

its ridiculous. Just a desperate move to grab consumers and make money on the backend while taking losses to reel people in.

avg game development for non indie title is $40-60 mil. Developers won’t be happy taking the scraps. All this does is encourage more cash shop/ dlc transactions which have ruined gaming imo

at worst we would see quality of games lowered by a lot, a bunch of free games to play that are average at best or have companies release half ass titles under developed that are patched along the way..which happens already

its a cowards way out... game companies should be able to bet on themselves and reap the biggest rewards based on the quality of their product

Netflix is nice to have but tbh most of their content looks really good in 4k camera shots but has shytty acting and empty plot lines

gamepass is NOT the move, it may sound good now because they have to throw in the big titles to compete but if game streaming service became the norm it would be terrible for us in the future