Geno Auriemma calls Caitlyn Clark fans "delusional"

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Whose in charge of the roster?
The women’s basketball committee selects the roster.

This includes South Carolina coach and former U.S. coach Dawn Staley, LSU assistant Seimone Augustus, Old Dominion coach Delisha Milton-Jones, Connecticut Sun president Jennifer Rizzotti and WNBA head of league operations Bethany Donaphin.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
That's being intellectually dishonest. Clark can play. It's not like you're putting Sexxy Red on there or something :heh:
Might as well. Eyeballs right? Jerseys right? (btw, unlesss you're Jordan or maybe Kobe, nobody buys USA jerseys.) fukk anything else. Apparently she just needs to be there for the hell of it to satisfy the public.

These are 40 minute games, 10 minute quarters. The only way they'd even roll 12 deep in a game is if they're bludgeoning teams and US wasn't really doing that til the end of games during 2020.

Building your entire marketing strategy around a player who might not even see the court is wild, regardless of popularity and if her popularity forces you to player her over players better than her, that's fukked up too, but that's what people who are mad she ain't on the roster really want. They don't care about the A'ja's or Sabrina's or Alyssa's. If it was Caitlin Clark and 11 random IG females, not only would her fans not notice, they'd consider it an improvement over the current roster.
Give me a list of more popular female basketball players
I meant more popular females, period. She ain't even gotta play basketball.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Building your entire marketing strategy around a player who might not even see the court is wild, regardless of popularity and if her popularity forces you to player her over players better than her, that's fukked up too, but that's what people who are mad she ain't on the roster really want. They don't care about the A'ja's or Sabrina's or Alyssa's. If it was Caitlin Clark and 11 random IG females, not only would her fans not notice, they'd consider it an improvement over the current roster.
People that keep harping on CC being needed to bring more eyes to the league hate all the teams and every other player.

I meant more popular females, period. She ain't even gotta play basketball.

celebrities-as-athletes-v0-m9kxmpdm0aib1.jpg

taylor-swift-visits-the-new-york-knicks-.jpg

All the jerseys that would be sold:wow:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
CC fans really do show they don't know or care a lick about women's basketball
You got these men talking down to women like its cool pretending CC ain't lacking in any area of her game all because they want to cape for the mid white girl who can shoot threes but has no basketball intangibles to compete on an olympic level

Team USA don't give spots to scrubs maybe if she stepped her game up besides riding the popularity wave she would have been chosen
Angel reese has been chosen by team usa in the past so I know that's a fuel for the whataboutism as well

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
People that keep harping on CC being needed to bring more eyes to the league hate all the teams and every other player.

celebrities-as-athletes-v0-m9kxmpdm0aib1.jpg

taylor-swift-visits-the-new-york-knicks-.jpg

All the jerseys that would be sold:wow:

notice nobody's lobbying for Angel Reese to be on the team even though she'd offer the exact same shyt Clark would offer in terms of visibility.

shyt I remember part of the Redeem Team intrigue was how Kobe was gonna coexist with LeBron

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
CC fans really do show they don't know or care a lick about women's basketball
You got these men talking down to women like its cool pretending CC ain't lacking in any area of her game all because they want to cape for the mid white girl who can shoot threes but has no basketball intangibles to compete on an olympic level

Team USA don't give spots to scrubs maybe if she stepped her game up besides riding the popularity wave she would have been chosen
Angel reese has been chosen by team usa in the past so I know that's a fuel for the whataboutism as well
to me it ain't even about what she brings as a basketball player. I think she has merit to make the roster even though I think there are better players, but y'all got fans treating the USWNT like it's the all-star game and discrediting Griner and Gray because they've played 1 game combined this season.

It's the equivalent of voting Wemby in to play the all-star game only to not play him.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
her fanbase is basically white conservatives who want to see a mighty whitey aesthetic to her career but CC is not good enough to be even in the vicinity of aja wilson

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I thought they'd throw her on the team like Rebecca Lobo.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought they'd throw her on the team like Rebecca Lobo.

Trials to be a part of the women’s Olympic basketball team were held in Colorado Springs, Colorado a year before the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta. The seven-day open trials brought in the top players from women’s college basketball in the 1990s. At the end of the trials, 11 women were selected to make up the dream team.

Guards: Jennifer Azzi, Ruthie Bolton, Teresa Edwards, Nikki McCray, Dawn Staley; Forwards:Rebecca Lobo, Katy Steding, Sheryl Swoopes, Katrina McClain; Centers: Lisa Leslie and Carla McGhee. Head Coach: Tara VanDerveer

"Dream On" includes extensive behind-the-scenes footage that chronicles everything from the national team tryout camp in 1995 in Colorado Springs, Colorado, with more than 200 hopefuls, to a frigid winter trip to Russia in 1996 for exhibition games in smoke-filled gymnasiums, to that triumphant August 1996 day in Atlanta when the Americans got back atop the Olympic medal podium. They haven't left that perch since, a run of seven consecutive Olympic golds.
Lobo went through tryouts to get on the team.