Geno Auriemma calls Caitlyn Clark fans "delusional"

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
My opinion on Caitlyn clark and not necessarily getting into what geno said. Obviously she’s very good, but I just feel at this point in time (again what 12 games in), she’s Trae young. Recognizing the talent is one thing, but I don’t think she has demonstrated in the wnba yet she’s a winning player. I also do not think the fouls on her are egregious enough to say the league is facilitating her “welcome to the league” time. She’s getting or not getting calls, a rookie would or would not get.

It’s understandable players resents the attention she’s getting, and her personality doesn’t lead to sympathy from wnba players playing the game (huge trash talker, bates fouls, and takes the physical moves that she does, to create separation

I am excited what she can be in 3 years, when new fans that clearly were not watching games this whole time, save their hot takes. She can be great, but everyone has to give her time. That includes hot button fans that are just too one-sided, reactionary
She's better defensively than Trae Young could ever be. Trae is legitimately one of the worst defenders in the league because he's short and slight.

Caitlyn can rack up steals and actually stick with match-ups 80% of the time, so that's a bad comp off rip:mjlol:.

She's more like a young Steph than anything, but she's one of the better passers in the W, so even that isn't a very good comp.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
CC has played only 12 games, hasn't had the best start, yet her not being named to the Olympics is considered an outrage and her stans questions why that's being me with :gucci:

Any news that's not crediting CC or putting her as the face of the league is called jealousy and hate.
What was the point of Christian Laettener being on the '92 Dream Team fresh outta college no NBA experience?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'd bet anything that Clark wouldn't want to make the Olympic team as a charity case. She's a proper competitor, she only wants the spot if she's earned it or else she'll never gain the respect of her teammates.

taurasi avg 16 points on 37% shooting
caitlin clark avg 16 on 37% shooting

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
She's not one of the best 12 players. It's really that simple. The Olympic squad is not for publicity stunts or charity cases. It should be for the people who earn it. The absolute best.

The people complaining about TV ratings and growing the game don't care about the WNBA. We shouldn't have to cater to their every whim. They can wait 4 years, I guarantee CC will still be around.

Except that has never been the case

Christian Laettner
Emeka Okafor
Anthony Davis

"For his collegiate achievements, Okafor was made a member of the 2004 U.S. National Men's Basketball Team that represented the U.S. at the Olympics in Athens."

breanna stewart was also named to the 2016 team as a rookie

:comeon:

this is just old dykes upset

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Taurasi has no business on this team. Ogunbawale is a shot chucker and the women's game is all about efficiency
I agree with you, but Catlin is not an efficient player either right now. Her shoot percentages currently are proving that. She will eventually learn how to adjust in the WNBA. They are going to win gold without her anyway. She is going to help elevate the women's game, but not as a charity case.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I agree with you, but Catlin is not an efficient player either right now. Her shoot percentages currently are proving that. She will eventually learn how to adjust in the WNBA. They are going to win gold without her anyway. She is going to help elevate the women's game, but not as a charity case.
Breh, WNBA ain't exactly International sanctioned ball...Clark already dominated FIBA before college...and like was said before, plenty of ball players played on Olympic teams without stepping foot in professional basketball

cheapshot

Pro
Daps

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Except that has never been the case

Christian Laettner
Emeka Okafor
Anthony Davis

"For his collegiate achievements, Okafor was made a member of the 2004 U.S. National Men's Basketball Team that represented the U.S. at the Olympics in Athens."

breanna stewart was also named to the 2016 team as a rookie

:comeon:

this is just old dykes upset

All big men. Big men who can handle the increase in physicality for international competition.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

and diana taursi is?
:mjlol:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Breh, WNBA ain't exactly International sanctioned ball...Clark already dominated FIBA before college...and like was said before, plenty of ball players played on Olympic teams without stepping foot in professional basketball

She played against amateurs. Not grown women. She's struggling with the physicality of the WNBA, so she won't fare better in Olympic play.