Generally speaking..do you respect the South?

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know there are exceptions to everything. However, the people who I've met and worked with who are from places like Louisiana and Mississippi have the worst grammar and are lazy/limited when it comes to learning (Louisiana almost seems like a third world country). It's almost like acting like anything other than a slave is frowned upon with them. I work with a 40 yr old woman from Mississippi who, referring to the employees she supervises, yesterday said, "dey ain't seen me ghetto. Dat gull gone make me lose my professionalism." This chick makes $90K.

This is not an elitist thread as I was born and raised in Houston.

The question I posed is rhetorical..but, I don't get the mentality..maybe it's still remnants of slavery.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I know there are exceptions to everything. However, the people who I've met and worked with who are from places like Louisiana and Mississippi have the worst grammar and are lazy/limited when it comes to learning (Louisiana almost seems like a third world country). It's almost like acting like anything other than a slave is frowned upon with them. I work with a 40 yr old woman from Mississippi who, referring to the employees she supervises, yesterday said, "dey ain't seen me ghetto. Dat gull gone make me lose my professionalism." This chick makes $90K.

The question I posed is rhetorical..but, I don't get the mentality..maybe it's still remnants of slavery.

I'm from Mississippi Delta. I don't respect the shyt, either. :aicmon:

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
My fam is originally from Mississippi. It's crazy that I've seen more successful blacks down there than anywhere else I've been. But at the same time, I'll admit that many of them (including some of my cousins) embarrass the shyt out of me.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
this is no different than me saying that nikkas up north are some cowards who ran from their problems instead of staying and fighting and dealing with things.

dont generalize because that shyt works both ways.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

FOH w/this bullsh!t

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:russ: reading the first post, I would say that is as dumb as the people you generalize... See how ignorance is nonregional? Thats almost how people talk loud and slow to foreigners because they assume they are stupid because they talk differently. There are idiots everywhere in every region.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
People always confuse vernacular or dialect with intelligence, usually to their own detriment. That's why people can't relate to blacks in general because we talk "different" whether we be from the the north, west or south.

I'm from South Carolina, born and raised and still go to college here. At the end of the day, I can talk that talk and sound "proper" and but I feel my comfortable wit my twang
:manny:; It comes off of the tongue easier and sounds more natural for me.

I ain't ever fail an english or literature exam tho :smugfavre:. People gotta remember, United States English isn't proper English either, and it sounds funny to a lot of other people.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Most of them refuse to learn.

I went on a trip to Mississippi and I for once thought I was in a different country. Everything so rural and white trashy