General Trump Administration F**kery Thread

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Off Topic:

Jim Jordan’s name comes up during Statehouse testimony on OSU abuse victims bill

COLUMBUS, Ohio — U.S. Rep. Gym Jordan’s name came up Tuesday during a Statehouse hearing on a bill that would pave the way for victims of former Ohio State University doctor Richard Strauss to sue the university for damages.

Adam DiSabato, a former captain of the OSU wrestling team during the late 80s and early 90s, told members of the House Civil Justice Committee that Jordan and other team officials knew about open-shower team facilities that facilitated sexual harassment and abuse of team wrestlers, an allegation Jordan has denied.

He also said Jordan called him repeatedly in July 2018, after media outlets quoted his brother, Michael DiSabato, saying Strauss’ abuse was common knowledge to those surrounding the wrestling program, including Jordan.

“Gym Jordan called me crying, groveling… begging me to go against my brother…That’s the kind of cover-up that’s going on there,” he said.

“Are you guys going to do what you’re voted to do?” he told lawmakers later. “That’s the only reason I’m here.”

Jordan, an assistant coach for the wrestling team at OSU from 1987 to 1995, has denied knowledge of lewd behavior at university facilities. Adam DiSabato is among the former OSU wrestlers who have filed lawsuits against the school alleging it ignored Strauss’ abuse.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@mkraju
GOP Sen. John Kennedy said Trump’s tweets about Stone were “problematic” but he also told us he’s seen “no evidence” that Trump improperly interfered and thought it was simply lack of coordination on sentencing. He wouldn’t comment directly when I asked if Barr should testify
10:35 - 12 Feb 2020

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@kaitlancollins
Lindsey Graham, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, says he doesn’t think the Justice Department’s recent actions need to be looked into but adds that Trump “shouldn't be tweeting about an ongoing case. I've told him that.”
11:29 - 12 Feb 2020

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@ShimonPro
A federal judge has denied Roger Stone a new trial after he made a request under seal, according to a notice from the court. Judge Jackson made her ruling known on Wednesday, her first public response following the withdrawals of all prosecutors on the case. @kpolantz
15:07 - 12 Feb 2020