General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:Anyone outside of the circle jerk knows the apple beef centers on the 30% transaction fee Apple charges large app developers to be listed in its app store. Has nothing to do with flaming or caping for Musk. The chamber just doesnt like disruption.

I've quoted my post for reference. Now ask yourself why this triggers posters in here.

Moreover, Apple is the worlds most valuable company, calling them out isnt bootlicking by any stretch. This is simply an i hate Musk circle jerk and ive disrupted it.
Nothing in my post warranted ad hominems... :hubie:

Apple is only charging what the free market is willing to pay. If Elon Must doesn’t like it, he can leave. :mjgrin:

The invisible hand of the free market is like a beautiful sunset.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone explain to me why Tesla stock was so obviously over valued all these years :gucci:

A company that can't even make and sell millions of cars per year should never have its ceo has the richest man in the world

This is why I stopped taking stock market valuation seriously

I'm suppose to believe tesla deserves to be more valuable than the worlds largest semi conductor manufacturer,TSMC and not that far
behind the likes of Alphabet and amazon:mjtf::mjlol:

Greed, a lazy media, and hero worship of the wealthy. (Word to @DEAD7)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:francis:Anyone outside of the circle jerk knows the apple beef centers on the 30% transaction fee Apple charges large app developers to be listed in its app store. Has nothing to do with flaming or caping for Musk. The chamber just doesnt like disruption.

I've quoted my post for reference. Now ask yourself why this triggers posters in here.

Moreover, Apple is the worlds most valuable company, calling them out isnt bootlicking by any stretch. This is simply an i hate Musk circle jerk and ive disrupted it.
Nothing in my post warranted ad hominems... :hubie:
So I shouldn’t believe what Elon Musk is literally saying is his gripe? Instead I should focus on other companies issues with apple as a way to avoid discussing what HE is actually doing in front of us in real time?

Sounds like you’re the one looking for an echo chamber :pachaha:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why is everyone taking Musk's claims about Apple at face value when the only source is Musk?

He's proven willing to lie about anything he thinks will benefit himself. Until proven otherwise, I'm not convinced that Apple has done anything other than restate their status quo policy.

It's more that I don't think his griping is all about Apple's 30% cut on transactions on iPhone apps, which is what @DEAD7 is claiming. To me, it’s pretty obvious his complaining about free speech is really more the same tired song conservatives sing about “free speech” these days. They want to be able to say whatever they’d like about groups they don’t like without any complaints or pushback. And in Musk’s case, he’s also complaining about advertisers, including Apple, pausing their advertising on the platform. They're obviously doing it in part for brand safety reasons, but he's complaining they're going after "free speech".

In fairness, I’m certain he has some gripes about the 30% cut as well, given what he wants to do with subscriptions. And Apple’s power over the App Store is certainly a discussion that can be had. But instead of complaining about just the 30% cut, he's also griping free speech and content moderation.

So no, I don't think he should be taken at face value at all, but I do think reading between the lines a bit is useful for understanding his likely motivations for those specific complaints. I agree that Apple likely just reiterated their existing policies, including with regard to content moderation. But addressing those issues is likely beyond his current ability and/or desire to do so, so he complains about Apple and free speech on Twitter instead.

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Why is everyone taking Musk's claims about Apple at face value when the only source is Musk?

He's proven willing to lie about anything he thinks will benefit himself. Until proven otherwise, I'm not convinced that Apple has done anything other than restate their status quo policy.
And that's the issue, Musk is being disingenuous about the 30% "tax".

The 30% fee for in-app purchases in regards to social media platforms, is because users are paying the platforms to boost their content. Apple hit all the social platforms with the Frank White "I want in...", this has bothered Musk for months before the acquisition. But that's the "free market" at play, not a "tax on the internet" as he's claimed in the past or this new "Apple is against freedom of speech.." claim. Meta has complained that those pay-to-boosts dollars are the equivalent to advertising dollars and have been fighting Apple over it. Obviously Musk is desperate for all the revenue he can get considering his costs to service his loan(s).