Conz

Superstar
Daps
"rUn AmErIcA LiKe a bUsInEsS!!!!!"

only these 2 c*nts would have me siding with "the government,"

Conz

Superstar
Daps
there's only one acceptable time to yell "go back to Africa" at someone, and it's at this piece of shyt.

... actually, nah fukk that, dude needs to leave the planet.

... actually, nah fukk THAT, i wouldn't even wanna know he's on Mars. dude needs to OD already

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hot take but Twitter might have been a more strategic purchase for Elon than I initially expected.

The majority of the country (globe?) are uninformed voters who get their views on the world/politics via social media, and so by putting his thumb on the scale, limiting left-leaning talking points and boosting conservative values, he is has a larger influence and molds the values of future generations.

I think that's why there are so many smart-dumb nikkas that think Kamala isn't black or that she is against education... These people get their perspective from online social media and the pipeline to radicalization is much more slippery on sites like twitter

There is a flight to safety where there's more constructive convos (a la TLR ->HL) and the echo chamber gets louder and louder for those that remain.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
0f67f90f-d61e-47bc-9bee-8af5352dfe2b.png

Conz

Superstar
Daps

typical blatantly racist shyt I've been seeing on my TL for the last two weeks.

made the mistake i always make by reading the comments, but lol

it's not even real shyt, man. this is so fukked. ... or, fukk if i know, that might be the fake tweet. who can tell anymore? every account with a bluecheck is a disgrace and elon is relishing in it

bnew

Veteran
Daps

TechCrunch Minute: X lost millions of monthly active users after Brazil ban​

Amanda Silberling

9:00 AM PDT • September 4, 2024

Comment

Bluesky has gained 2 million new users over the last week, which can only mean one thing: Something fishy is going on at X. And, indeed, X was banned in Brazil, which means the platform will lose an estimated 40 million monthly active users.

The dispute between X and the Brazilian government started in April, when Brazilian Supreme Court Justice Alexandre de Moraes demanded the removal of seven accounts posting misinformation in support of former president Jair Bolsonaro. Musk, a self-described “free speech absolutist,” did not comply with the takedown requests, even though he’s complied with similar takedown requests from governments in India and Turkey.

Is X’s loss Bluesky’s gain? We’re digging in on today’s TechCrunch Minute.