General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
TSLA has officially reached Meme Stock status. Tesla earnings were down because the prime demographic for their cars (Young professionals working in Tech) are being laid off en masse. Tesla sales will continue drop into the near future, yet the stock rose solely based on Elon trolling with a list of fake promises. The best news for Tesla are the rumors that the US government is putting pressure on Mexico to kill any incentives they planned on giving BYD to build factories there.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
TSLA has officially reached Meme Stock status. Tesla earnings were down because the prime demographic for their cars (Young professionals working in Tech) are being laid off en masse. Tesla sales will continue drop into the near future, yet the stock rose solely based on Elon trolling with a list of fake promises. The best news for Tesla are the rumors that the US government is putting pressure on Mexico to kill any incentives they planned on giving BYD to build factories there.
TSLA was kinda always an irrational stock wasn't it ? People have been saying it was way overvalued for the longest.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
TSLA was kinda always an irrational stock wasn't it ? People have been saying it was way overvalued for the longest.
You are so correct. I think the difference between then and now is Tesla has real competition to limit the hype of world domination, and Elon's even longer track record of making promises. So the stock jumping based on potentially more lies, despite lower earnings, makes its meme status nearly irrefutable.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It has been. He has been kicking the can down the road for years on everything from self-driving to the cybertruck. At some point those things have to bear fruit or the pitchforks come out. Unlucky for him, all his promises have flopped.

Now he's offered up some new promises to buy time. And it will work, for a while, just not as long.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
In 2016 I thought elon invented Tesla and PayPal :heh:

At the time this came out, this "Everyday Astronaut" interview had me convinced that Elon was a GENIUS :ohlawd:

...Years later I read some commentary that pointed out that Elon is just BS'ing his way through the interview, and that he's just basically re-stating the interviewer's questions back to him in attempt to look "smart".

NOW, I'm convinced that the Everyday Astronaut guy (who is a guy who dropped out of college to be a wedding photographer, and used to post on Instagram wearing a space suit he bought on eBay) actually knows MORE about rockets than Elon :mjlol:. But he's too blinded by his own Elon fandom to realize it.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
APR 26, 12:27 PM EDT

by VICTOR TANGERMANN
/ ADVANCED TRANSPORT

Getty / Futurism

PEACE OUT

A TESLA VICE PRESIDENT JUST QUIT AND SOLD $181 MILLION OF ITS STOCK​

CASHING OUT.​

GETTY / FUTURISM

Abandon Ship​

Tesla is going through a crisis right now.

The company, which posted disastrous first-quarter results earlier this month, isn't just losing over ten percent of its rank-and-file workforce due to layoffs. A number of high-profile insiders have also abandoned ship.

Take longtime Tesla executive Drew Baglino, who joined Tesla in 2006 — and now, just ten days after announcing his resignation, he's sold a staggering $181.5 million worth of Tesla shares, according to a Thursday filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Baglino is one of three top executives who resigned this month, including VP of investor relations Martin Viecha and longtime public policy VP Rohan Patel.

It doesn't take much reading between the lines to see that the EV maker is in for some big changes — and a very tough year ahead. Even the company's stalwart executives, who have stood by CEO Elon Musk's side for well over a decade, are looking to leave for greener pastures — and, strikingly, cashing out on the way out the door.

"I made the difficult decision to move on from Tesla after 18 years yesterday," Baglino tweeted earlier this month, making no mention of a stock dump. "I am so thankful to have worked with and learned from the countless incredibly talented people at Tesla over the years."

Hands-Free Leadership​

Baglino became the company's VP of powertrain and energy engineering in 2016 and started reporting to Musk directly at the time, as CNBC reports. Many colleagues saw him as the unofficial chief of operations.

"Thanks for everything you’ve done for Tesla," Musk tweeted in response to Baglino's announcement. "Few have contributed as much as you."

Baglino and his two fellow executives' departures highlight a signifcant shift in strategy, with Musk announcing that the company is doubling down on realizing a "robotaxi" nicknamed "Cybercab" — which likely won't materialize for a number of years, given the billionaire's long-established track record of making empty promises and overly optimistic predictions.

"If somebody doesn’t believe Tesla’s going to solve autonomy, I think they should not be an investor in the company," Musk told investors during this month's earnings call.

For their part, however, investors are seemingly unimpressed with Musk's plans. The company's stock is down around 40 percent so far this year — and analysts fear the worst is still to come.

More on Tesla: Facebook Cofounder Says Tesla Has Committed "Consumer Fraud on a Massive Scale," Will End in Jail

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
APR 26, 12:27 PM EDT

by VICTOR TANGERMANN
/ ADVANCED TRANSPORT

Getty / Futurism

PEACE OUT

A TESLA VICE PRESIDENT JUST QUIT AND SOLD $181 MILLION OF ITS STOCK​

CASHING OUT.​

GETTY / FUTURISM

Abandon Ship​

Tesla is going through a crisis right now.

The company, which posted disastrous first-quarter results earlier this month, isn't just losing over ten percent of its rank-and-file workforce due to layoffs. A number of high-profile insiders have also abandoned ship.

Take longtime Tesla executive Drew Baglino, who joined Tesla in 2006 — and now, just ten days after announcing his resignation, he's sold a staggering $181.5 million worth of Tesla shares, according to a Thursday filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Baglino is one of three top executives who resigned this month, including VP of investor relations Martin Viecha and longtime public policy VP Rohan Patel.

It doesn't take much reading between the lines to see that the EV maker is in for some big changes — and a very tough year ahead. Even the company's stalwart executives, who have stood by CEO Elon Musk's side for well over a decade, are looking to leave for greener pastures — and, strikingly, cashing out on the way out the door.

"I made the difficult decision to move on from Tesla after 18 years yesterday," Baglino tweeted earlier this month, making no mention of a stock dump. "I am so thankful to have worked with and learned from the countless incredibly talented people at Tesla over the years."

Hands-Free Leadership​

Baglino became the company's VP of powertrain and energy engineering in 2016 and started reporting to Musk directly at the time, as CNBC reports. Many colleagues saw him as the unofficial chief of operations.

"Thanks for everything you’ve done for Tesla," Musk tweeted in response to Baglino's announcement. "Few have contributed as much as you."

Baglino and his two fellow executives' departures highlight a signifcant shift in strategy, with Musk announcing that the company is doubling down on realizing a "robotaxi" nicknamed "Cybercab" — which likely won't materialize for a number of years, given the billionaire's long-established track record of making empty promises and overly optimistic predictions.

"If somebody doesn’t believe Tesla’s going to solve autonomy, I think they should not be an investor in the company," Musk told investors during this month's earnings call.

For their part, however, investors are seemingly unimpressed with Musk's plans. The company's stock is down around 40 percent so far this year — and analysts fear the worst is still to come.

More on Tesla: Facebook Cofounder Says Tesla Has Committed "Consumer Fraud on a Massive Scale," Will End in Jail
Yup shyt bout to get all the way real on that NHTA and DOJ investigation.. mofos going to jail :mjlol:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been waiting for five years for the rest of the world to catch up on the Boer Vaporware king.

FSD - Fail
Hyperloop - Fail
Boring company - Fail
Roadster - Fail
Solar Roof Tiles - Fail
Tesla Semis - Fail
Robotaci - Fail
Tesla Robot - Fail
Mission to mars - Fail
SpaceX - moderate success recreating 1950s rocket technology.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been waiting for five years for the rest of the world to catch up on the Boer Vaporware king.

FSD - Fail
Hyperloop - Fail
Boring company - Fail
Roadster - Fail
Solar Roof Tiles - Fail
Tesla Semis - Fail
Robotaci - Fail
Tesla Robot - Fail
Mission to mars - Fail
SpaceX - moderate success recreating 1950s rocket technology.
Spacex isn’t even a success really. Starship is a complete failure and has wasted billions of tax dollars and the commercial side of the company we don’t know because it’s private.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spacex isn’t even a success really. Starship is a complete failure and has wasted billions of tax dollars and the commercial side of the company we don’t know because it’s private.

What I hate about Must as a businessman is that he tarnishes the whole idea of R&D at his companies. I would have no issues with him on a business level, if he characterized these wild zany ideas as just pure R&D projects. Research and development is great until you attempt to portray it as a market ready product

People have gone to jail for less

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
What I hate about Must as a businessman is that he tarnishes the whole idea of R&D at his companies. I would have no issues with him on a business level, if he characterized these wild zany ideas as just pure R&D projects. Research and development is great until you attempt to portray it as a market ready product

People have gone to jail for less
He's done worse than Elizabeth Holmes imo