General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It’s more Must Vaporware. Just like the Hyperloop, roof panels, FSD in 2017, Robo Taxis, underground tunnels etc.
the swappable batteries, flint, always free super chargers, acoustic signal triangulation, turnin carbon into rocket fuel, using the material from the tunnels built as building materials, the short bodyshops. Is anyone keeping track because :beli:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What does craven mean?

Guess my usage was meant to evoke something akin to "worm-like"

I thought Craven meant greedy :mjlol:

My Grandmother use to tell me I was craven when I wanted 2nd and 3rd helpings :russ:

Yeah, that definition was bizarre, I'd always thought craven was "totally lacking morals" or something to that effect.

Even the description is confusing:

Craven and its synonyms dastardly and pusillanimous are all basically fancy words for "cowardly."

Wait, since when did "dastardly" mean "cowardly"? :patrice:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

The Washington Post Will Pause Its Advertising on X​

The move comes after Elon Musk endorsed the Pizzagate conspiracy theory.​

WRITTEN BY ANDREW BEAUJON

| PUBLISHED ON NOVEMBER 28, 2023

washingtonpost-8.jpg
8iWK5GB.png

Photograph by Evy Mages

The Washington Post has decided to pause its advertising on X, a spokesperson tells Washingtonian.

The decision follows owner Elon Musk’s bizarre embrace of the utterly debunked “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory on Tuesday. It’s not really worth going into the mechanics of what led one of the world’s richest people down the same dumb rabbit hole that caused Edgar Maddison Welch to enter Comet Ping Pong in Northwest DC with a gun almost seven years ago today. But it’s of a piece with Musk’s recent praise for an antisemitic conspiracy theory that has reportedly cost X, formerly known as Twitter, more than $75 million in revenue and caused some media companies to distance themselves from the platform altogether.

The spokesperson wasn’t able to confirm how much the Post spent advertising on Twitter/X but said the decision is effective this week and that its ads should stop running on Musk’s platform soon. Twitter did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld

Robbie3000