General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You would rather them lie like Elon musk and say they’ll be ready for commercial production next year?
No it's a nothing announcement, Elon level marketing. Toyota has been talking about breakthroughs in solid state batteries since 2014.

It would make sense if an independent research group looking for funding was releasing these type of statements but for Toyota to be doing this for years is embarrassing.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Web version of Threads already up, Verge shows what a linked post looks like too

Screenshot of dark version I took

1.png

Built on FB's backend and they're working on Fediverse integration so Mastodon and other clients can communicate with Threads accounts

Yeah I have a hard time seeing this not be successful. Taking something people already have (IG) and integrating with where people were leaving Twitter and already going effectively squeezes Twitter out. Bluesky's in trouble too. This thing launches tomorrow and Bluesky still ain't sent my key I signed up for months ago lol

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Web version of Threads already up, Verge shows what a linked post looks like too

Screenshot of dark version I took

1.png

Built on FB's backend and they're working on Fediverse integration so Mastodon and other clients can communicate with Threads accounts

Yeah I have a hard time seeing this not be successful. Taking something people already have (IG) and integrating with where people were leaving Twitter and already going effectively squeezes Twitter out. Bluesky's in trouble too. This thing launches tomorrow and Bluesky still ain't sent my key I signed up for months ago lol

zuckerburg doesn't like public facing social media tho. how long before the web interface is nagging users to login or hiding more than X comments behind a login?

I still think the first twitter competitor that implements location search competently will end up being the twitter successor. the killer feature is search in general.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
zuckerburg doesn't like public facing social media tho. how long before the web interface is nagging users to login or hiding more than X comments behind a login?

I still think the first twitter competitor that implements location search competently will end up being the twitter successor. the killer feature is search in general.
Not sure but since Twitter doesn't do it anymore at this point I'm not sure how much it matters. It only matters if one does it and others don't, if no one's doing it it's normalized

I'd imagine it'll work like IG does now except there's top rated comments and when you scroll past a certain point you'll be asked to create an account. Not perfect but better than the what we have and those that care about that feature could use Mastodon's web client to view messages

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Interested in what threads will be. Twitter is my home, never leaving but I’m willing to transfer some of my fukkery to threads lol

bnew

Veteran
Daps
DeYaFkp.png

this is gonna be a problem for elon.