BTWwXrE.png

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Real life nerd

I thought his board at Tesla made him hand this shyt over on the day-to-day to focus on what made his goofy ass a household name in the 1st place.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
More platform instability could be in Twitter’s near future. In 2018, Twitter signed a $1 billion contract with Google to host some of its services on the company’s Google Cloud servers. Platformer reports Twitter recently refused to pay the search giant ahead of the contract’s June 30th renewal date. Twitter is reportedly rushing to move as many services off of Google’s infrastructure before the contract expires, but the effort is “running behind schedule,” putting some tools, including Smyte, a platform the company acquired in 2018 to bolster its moderation capabilities, in danger of going offline.

:jbhmm:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Someone more smarter than me explain to me how this benefits him, especially financially like I'm a small child or a golden retriever

theres lots of moving parts but he needs twitter to earn more and he hasn't been paying twitters google cloud bill. companies are probably scraping twitter and doing so inefficiently because he shut off API access which increases bandwidth data center costs for twitter. he rate-limited the site probably in the hopes of coercing users to subscribe to twitter blue and forcing companies scraping twitter for their A.I datasets to make twitter a large offer to get that data more easily. the twitter data set is very valuable but since musk can't figure out how to leverage that value for himself, he'll sell it to the highest bidders when they make themselves known.