7Y2nQf5.png

Last edited:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Po5X450.png

i think elon underestimates just how many people engage with twitter only for breaking news, once mastodon gets a journalist exodus critical mass it's really gonna start hurting him in the wallet. i don't see him backing down from even that tho, i can see him turning twitter into nu-myspace/tumblr at his own expense before eating crow. :pachaha:
east said:
except for the felon angle, this is the law/status quo in like 90% of the country, so it's you who has the extreme views.
First off that's factually bullshyt - nearly half of Americans live in a state that has waiting periods, gun permits required, or registration of some firearms required.
92% of states don't have universal waiting periods (all except CA/FL/IL/RI)
88% of states don't have universal permits (CA/CT/HI/IL/MA/NJ)
94% of states don't have universal registration (CA/HI/WA)
why cap about things that are so easily looked up, idgi :dwillhuh:

and why do you keep caping for actual black codes/jim crow laws? leftist academics and policy experts, black legal aid groups, public defenders, women's/lgbt civil rights groups, even obama- and biden-elected judges who formerly defended these diktats all now see they serve no purpose except to deny rights to minorities and the poor. yet you persist in saying it's strictly a right-wing view, it's unseemly tbh. the only defense that people in favor of these laws can make in court is "discriminating against blacks is ok because we used to discriminate against native americans" (link), is this really the moral company you wanna keep?
There are 4 posters who were trying to cast shade, the same who push the same shyt no matter what
if you go around the board and habitually get into arguments with people who generally don't argue with anyone else, it's probably you who's the problem :manny:
NOTHING I have ever said in that thread or any other was "Russian apologist", and you can't quote me saying anything Russian apologist because you full well know you're lying.
- if ukraine hands over crimea, crimeans won't get hurt, putin will leave and never invade again
- ukraine doesn't represent the will of its people, it's really a military junta
- ukraine should've never tried to reclaim donbas in 2015, and putin wouldn't have invaded in 2022 if only the ukrainians had held anti-russia demonstrations
- people who want ukraine to fight back are uneducated

the audacity of you trying to tar me as right-wing when "ukraine should give up so russians don't get hurt" and "keep guns out the hands of the blacks" are both beyond what most republican politicians would admit to :wow:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i think elon underestimates just how many people engage with twitter only for breaking news, once mastodon gets a journalist exodus critical mass it's really gonna start hurting him in the wallet. i don't see him backing down from even that tho, i can see him turning twitter into nu-myspace/tumblr at his own expense before eating crow. :pachaha:

I seen about 2 or 3 mastodon instances just for verified journalists. in the coming months we'll probably see journalists start posting their mastodon profile links instead of a twitter profile link in their news articles.