General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I suspected he might be doing something like this.

Yet another piece of evidence for how fukked up capitalism is.

Musk has so much money, and because of his money his voice is so powerful, that merely by saying shyt he can produce more money for himself than the top 100 nuclear engineers combined will make in their entire lifetimes of work. And he'll have added absolutely zero value to the economy or society in the process.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Musk has so much money, and because of his money his voice is so powerful, that merely by saying shyt he can produce more money for himself than the top 100 nuclear engineers combined will make in their entire lifetimes of work. And he'll have added absolutely zero value to the economy or society in the process.
People just aren't, by and large, interested in listening to rocket scientists. They'd rather listen to Joe Rogan. All things equal we'd be in this same spot.​

cKondomsucK6

All Star
Daps

Thats just life tho and its not just having money , if your popular anywhere from school to the work place your voice means more.

Go to forbes top 10 richest persons list , theres 3 4 people on there that the average person has never even heard of or seen before, and could care less about what they say

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
People just aren't, by and large, interested in listening to rocket scientists. They'd rather listen to Joe Rogan. All things equal we'd be in this same spot.​

Thats just life tho and its not just having money , if your popular anywhere from school to the work place your voice means more.

Go to forbes top 10 richest persons list , theres 3 4 people on there that the average person has never even heard of or seen before, and could care less about what they say

I think you both misunderstood my post. My issue wasn't that rich people are popular. My issue is that the economic system is set up so that a rich person can increase their net worth by tens of billions of dollars merely by saying bullshyt, without even having produced anything or done anything productive with that bullshyt.

That's something near and dear to capitalism, where the mere possession of capital is 80% of the work to accumulating more capital, which is why the rich/poor wealth gap and the white/black wealth gap both keep steadily increasing and economic and political power keep concentrating in the hands of the wealthy.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I think you both misunderstood my post. My issue wasn't that rich people are popular. My issue is that the economic system is set up so that a rich person can increase their net worth by tens of billions of dollars merely by saying bullshyt, without even having produced anything or done anything productive with that bullshyt.

That's something near and dear to capitalism, where the mere possession of capital is 80% of the work to accumulating more capital, which is why the rich/poor wealth gap and the white/black wealth gap both keep steadily increasing and economic and political power keep concentrating in the hands of the wealthy.
But that's not what happened here. :dwillhuh:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/16/twi...ts-gains-since-elon-musk-disclosed-stake.html

Y'all have turned into what you rally against :sadcam:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
But that's not what happened here. :dwillhuh:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/16/twi...ts-gains-since-elon-musk-disclosed-stake.html

Y'all have turned into what you rally against :sadcam:

Once again using meaningless catchphrases and deflection instead of actually arguing the point.

Are you arguing that the scenario described in the article is impossible, or that Musk just didn't execute it in this case? If you think he can't do it then you haven't made the argument to support that, and if you think he can do it but simply didn't in this case, then you haven't countered my argument at all.

I'm not even sure that we know he didn't. How do you know he didn't sell some of his shares off at their peak? If he did, would he even have had to disclose it yet? Because if he pocketed profits at the peak already then the market manipulation is in full effect.

I'm quite interested to see you explain in plain language when you believe wealthy people can leverage their wealth to manipulate the market to increase their wealth or not. Because Trump did this over and over again and he didn't have close to Musk's wealth:

Trump bought company shares, hyped a takeover, then sold quietly when price rose: Report

The Gordon Gekko era: Donald Trump's lucrative and controversial time as an activist investor - CNNPolitics

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Once again using meaningless catchphrases and deflection instead of actually arguing the point.

Are you arguing that the scenario described in the article is impossible, or that Musk just didn't execute it in this case? If you think he can't do it then you haven't made the argument to support that, and if you think he can do it but simply didn't in this case, then you haven't countered my argument at all.

I'm not even sure that we know he didn't. How do you know he didn't sell some of his shares off at their peak? If he did, would he even have had to disclose it yet? Because if he pocketed profits at the peak already then the market manipulation is in full effect.

I'm quite interested to see you explain in plain language when you believe wealthy people can leverage their wealth to manipulate the market to increase their wealth or not. Because Trump did this over and over again and he didn't have close to Musk's wealth:

Trump bought company shares, hyped a takeover, then sold quietly when price rose: Report

The Gordon Gekko era: Donald Trump's lucrative and controversial time as an activist investor - CNNPolitics
Your premise and follow up evidence is that Musk purchased shares in a company, then hyped a takeover in order to sell those shoes for profit.

You've yet to prove your initial claim and now you're scrambling.

You're a smart guy, but I don't think you do much in the market.:francis:

If you do believe musk is going to pump for a profit you can buy in right now and also take advantage.:mjlol:

And if he doesn't you can hold your share. :sas1:

@DEAD7 might be more right than I want to give credit about discourse here :snoop:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
End of the day you're just upset that people gravitate towards these social media spaces and it shines a light on the reality of society you refuse to accept

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Pressure, the nonsensical premise behind your comment is that I wish to be like Musk, and only need a way to break into the system. Which shows how deeply your allegiances have blinded you. I have no illusions of joining the capitalists and using my wealth to fukk over everyone else, I would much rather work so that systems which constantly increase the wealth gap and racial wealth disparity no longer existed.

It's bewildering that I stated that directly in my previous comment, and yet while quoting it you reply with, "You could be one of them if you tried!" bullshyt rather than even trying to address the inherent problems I noted in the fukked-up system.

Your premise and follow up evidence is that Musk purchased shares in a company, then hyped a takeover in order to sell those shoes for profit.

You've yet to prove your initial claim and now you're scrambling.​

No, my initial claim was that Musk can do that. Re-read what I said. And I immediately provided an example of another wealthy person doing exactly what I had claimed.

You still haven't answered my question, you'd rather deflect. Which I admit is understandable, being in your position.

I'll ask again - are you arguing that Musk can't do it, or just that he didn't in this case?

If you do believe musk is going to pump for a profit you can buy in right now and also take advantage.:mjlol:

Beyond your blindness to the fact that that is expressly not what I wish to do, the issue of course is that Musk is the one with the power to manipulate the market, not me. What he can do unilaterally, I can only follow by guessing. Those are not at all the same thing (which is why insider trading is illegal). And even if I did guess correct, I would only gain a miniscule fraction of his gains.

@DEAD7 might be more right than I want to give credit about discourse here :snoop:

You agree with the right-winger on fiscal matters? Shocking! I never would have guessed.

At least you can hope that the more of you there are to lick the boots, the less dirt any one of you has to taste.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I don't think he anticipated the damage this was going to do to Tesla and now he's looking for an excuse to pull the rip cord. Anyone who has used twitter for more than a year knows a great deal of the population are bots and spam accounts. So anyone who seriously considered purchasing the company and doing research not just through the SEC filing would know this too.

This goes back to the point I made earlier about the overestimation of Twitter's impact. Of its millions of users, only a small subset are "active" users. It is an entertaining multi-verse of echo chambers, if you spectate instead of participate.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I remember the few days after the sale to Musk, that Jack Dorsey might have spoken into his ear, but now I wonder if while that might be the case or others who are involved, they might have planned a hit job on him.

Maybe they suspected that Musk would be too ignorant to look up the company and sucker him into buying Twitter which wasn't even making a profit, which would end up costing him money.