Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
4cac2721-8166-49d6-855c-0c2d7ca63cf4_text.gif

Black girl accidentally murks her family ✅
Black girl institutionalized ✅
Black girl gets full ride to college and has a white roommate who will become her best friend ✅
Black girl is a burgeoning bedwench ✅ :banderas:
Black girl enjoys her white crush beating up a breh ✅ :mjpls:
Black girl needs validation from a white professor ✅
Burgeoning wench's crush also has a dead loved one ✅
Superwench saves a Guatemalan / Asian girl with the same powers that killed her black parents ✅
Superwench gets expelled for using her powers to save a life ✅
You maybe wanna throw all that behind a spoiler, chief?

Edit: and perhaps go back and watch the ep again, for accuracy :heh:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching the 3 episodes and thought it was pretty entertaining :ehh:. I liked the core mystery they set up pretty quickly, the cast, and the crazy use of powers to say the least :skip:. Lot's of gore and has The Boys satire of how superheroes would work in the real world. A lot of familiar issues the kids are dealing with, but they have more depth than I expected.

Although Compound V is a drug, definitely has similarities to mutants with the tragic back stories and very real dangers of powers.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
why the fukk she hooking up with breh already?? what the fukk :heh: chunks of her old dude still in the street wtf
I might be wrong but I got the impression that they already kinda had something going on behind golden boy's back before/history so this was them kinda falling back into it and consoling each other since they both legit cared about him.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll say this tho... This cast of supes are more interesting with better powers than the main storyline

I feel like Homelander, Kimiko and Maeve were the only ones that flexed. A-Train been handicapped, Black Noire didn't get much action, Starlight is a glorified light switch, lol @ The Deep. The other standouts were villains (st0rmfr0nt and Soldier Boy)

All these Gen V characters seem solid so far

Last edited: