"Gen V" | Prime Video | Sept 29th 2023 | spinoff series of "The Boys"

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Watched the latest episode and it felt like nothing was really happening but it was great in character development and explaining wtf the end goal is for the season. And I was clearly off about Jamie being the strongest. Well maybe still the strongest but that white girl is hands down the most powerful. Something isn't making sense tho
Is the school not owned by Vought? If so how/why the fukk is the dean trying to give supes covid:wtf:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the latest episode and it felt like nothing was really happening but it was great in character development and explaining wtf the end goal is for the season. And I was clearly off about Jamie being the strongest. Well maybe still the strongest but that white girl is hands down the most powerful. Something isn't making sense tho
Is the school not owned by Vought? If so how/why the fukk is the dean trying to give supes covid:wtf:
Easier to control them

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

you force supes to have to take tablets that only you can provide to stay well. otherwise they fall sick and die.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That guy’s power was also super healing tho
They all have super healing. I didn't think of it until the professor killed that girl. But if you remember the first episode of The Boys, nobody ever killed a Supe.. They didn't even know how to kill The Invisible Guy after many other gov had tried it

So actually killing/harming one forever is damn near impossible

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Well the problem with The Boys is that you have to suspend your disbelief that humans not only could coexist with superheroes in a world but also CONTROL them via politics and corporations. Tek Knight had everyone shook. Why couldn’t he have just killed Shetty? She pulled some videos up on him and he was like :whoa:

humans are social animals and power in that social network can control (or even be more powerful than) superheroes.

heroes have the same psychological wants as everyone else. ted knight is in hoc to voight the same way some actors are to big hollywood producers.

yeah they/ted could blow things up but they get more of what they want by playing the game.

and even at the top, people start to seek legacy.

at each level in the pyramid people are controlled by maintaining their position in that pyramid.

it bothers humans so much that some even worry about what people will think of them after they are dead.

to put someone in solitary isolation is mental cruelty and even could drive them mad.

humans need the approval of others and that is especially true of the sociopath, narcissistic types in the boys who need others to feel normal about themselves.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
A character that, at best, was born in 2003, referencing Tyrone Biggums:stopitslime:
Unsure if that crowd watches SNL, but that character did make an appearance on SNL , which could've made character relevant for that generation. Plus, Dave is still relevant, so people most likely checked out the show due to word of mouth

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A character that, at best, was born in 2003, referencing Tyrone Biggums:stopitslime:
Popular meme
giphy.webp