"Gen V" | Prime Video | Sept 29th 2023 | spinoff series of "The Boys"

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
So is this like a reverse brotherhood of Evil Mutants origin story but since it's The Boys they are actually the good guys?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ep 6 was the best of the series so far from a pure narrative/storytelling perspective. I mentioned last week ep 5 was cool but an intentional step back to hopefully take 2 steps forward, and i felt ep6 delivered on that end.

Also,

I liked ep 5

It was basically taking a step back in order to (hopefully) take two steps forward next ep.

At some point they'll have to show us what exactly is the path to victory here

They actually illuminated the path in this ep. It's pretty clear/straight forward at this point, it'll just come down to what types of fukkery are in the store for these final 2 eps in order to get there.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Ep 6 was the best of the series so far from a pure narrative/storytelling perspective. I mentioned last week ep 5 was cool but an intentional step back to hopefully take 2 steps forward, and i felt ep6 delivered on that end.

Also,

They actually illuminated the path in this ep. It's pretty clear/straight forward at this point, it'll just come down to what types of fukkery are in the store for these final 2 eps in order to get there.

Agree, was done really well

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I absolutely hate this fukking show. It plays into the typical teen drama bullshyt and just adds super powers to it. Everyone's a junkie-sex addict with loads of weirdo interpersonal drama for no fukking reason other than its a T.V show and we have to hit these certain demographics. shyt is trash

Shows kinda mid. Just something to have on when you don't have anything else to watch

Thanks Brehs.

I was on the fence as to wether to continue watching past the part of Ep 1 I have already seen.

It didn't grab me and I feel that it might be wack. If I totally run out of things to watch I might try again

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
And i'm convinced those 30 seconds of :dame: banter by Dre in ep 1 was just the show runners fukking with the actor :mjlol: since he had that controversy for supporting anti-LGBT ish on twitter

Since then, 6 eps in and Dre's entire story arc is that of a true harlemite on demon time :dead:
I don’t think the show runners knew about his online activity or beliefs. Before this show he most known playing a character that was very much “Not From Harlem” on that Sabrina Teenage Witch Netflix show.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don’t think the show runners knew about his online activity or beliefs. Before this show he most known playing a character that was very much “Not From Harlem” on that Sabrina Teenage Witch Netflix show.
I was half joking lol bc in hindsight it does seem like pointless shock value pandering/trolling now that we have his full story arc reveal. But it is what it is