Gears of War 6: Potentially Open World

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cliffy B even said he didn’t know where to with the franchise until he came up with flying locusts. I would’ve been fine with Gears 3 being the end but still getting on going support like TF2 or CSGO.

This new sequel should put Moore emphasis on team based tactics & puzzles, like you have to snipe weak spots on a boss before you go for big damage. Or you have to fight hordes to get to a switch and pull them in sequential order with a time limit.

Gears 4&5 were so got damn boring, they literally gave us a fukkin retread with Gundam. :snoop:

EDIT: Oh yea Team Based executions should be a thing by now.

Maybe just pull the camera back and up the set pieces, let you be more mobile. Essentially make it lost planet

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Like others have said I never want to replay 5 because of the open world parts. But the linear stuff was great.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Maybe just pull the camera back and up the set pieces, let you be more mobile. Essentially make it lost planet

I actually like the speed cause it lent itself more to the tactical approach to shut wall bouncers.

There’s nothing like that team effort & communication when it’s 5 vs 15 in TDM and you make that comeback with teamwork. :banderas:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Open World, Battle Royale, More "RPG Features" are the tell tale signs that a developer is out ideas and just need to hang it up

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Cliffy B even said he didn’t know where to with the franchise until he came up with flying locusts. I would’ve been fine with Gears 3 being the end but still getting on going support like TF2 or CSGO.

This new sequel should put more emphasis on team based tactics & puzzles, like you have to snipe weak spots on a boss before you go for big damage. Or you have to fight hordes to get to a switch and pull them in sequential order with a time limit.

Gears 4&5 were so got damn boring, they literally gave us a fukkin retread with Gundam. :snoop:

EDIT: Oh yea Team Based executions should be a thing by now.

Yea, I never returned to the franchise after Gears 3, it just felt like the right stopping point, especially from a story/narrative standpoint. I liked that they had that young breh (Jace) as seemingly next up... and so I did not like that iirc the next installation they essentially made a "prequel" with the blonde nerd cac as the star.

Felt like they had no more interesting ideas with plot or game play, so i was like aight bet i'll just leave it on the high note that was the og trilogy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I actually like the speed cause it lent itself more to the tactical approach to shut wall bouncers.

There’s nothing like that team effort & communication when it’s 5 vs 15 in TDM and you make that comeback with teamwork. :banderas:

They can’t keep it a slower over the shoulder cover shooter and make it open world. They either have to completely revamp the gameplay or keep it how its always been.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Gears is fine how it is, solid multiplayer , fun campaign with some innovation, what else do you want? :yeshrug:

I could see shelving Halo before Gears, it's less consistent.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gears is fine how it is, solid multiplayer , fun campaign with some innovation, what else do you want? :yeshrug:

It’s been 5 games, gotta do something to keep it fresh.

I feel the same way about uncharted. I would be perfectly happy wiht that series not coming back if it stays the same

Even Miyazaki had to switch up the formula after DS3 (which was really DS4)

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
In terms of multiplayer too, I put so many hours into all of the Gears games except for 5. Gears 5 to me just became indentical to so many other shooters nowadays, just run and gun.

What seperated Gears from other franchises was the more slower and tactical approach to the game. They did too much with 5 when everything should have just kept it simple.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Nah breh multiplayer in 5 and to a lesser extent 4 was trash. They were constantly buffing/nerfing the gnasher, if you didn’t keep up with the news you were inconsistent in ranked. Then they brought in split tuning one of the dumbest ideas, the coalition now just fragmented their dwindling player base even more. It took damn near up to 10 mins to squad up due bad netcode and split tuning. Fukk I forgot about the maps, so boring aside from maybe vasgar they were just boring. Horde went the way of overwatch and escape was meh.

Everything about gears 5 was designed by committee. There was no one dream or vision for this franchise post 3.

Oh and the dumbest shyt, no legacy weapons. They said for lore reasons it wouldn’t make since to have the scorcher or hammer of dawn. Only for them to do a 180 and drop both weapons 6 months later.