Gears of War 4 OT

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
I never played judgement before and started playing it because I got it for free. Just couldn't do it smh. Terrible. They switched up the mechanics. I'm still eating heavily off Gears 1 remake.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Yall add me, i low key abandoned gears since rainbow six came out but yall add me : Glockreloaded

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
cover-610.jpg

In Early 2014, Microsoft acquired the rights to the Gears of War franchise from creator Epic Games and gave the property to a relatively untested studio now called The Coalition. Thankfully, The Coalition is being guided by the capable hands of veteran Gears developer Rod Fergusson, who was a driving force on the first three Gears of War games. Aside from a tease at last year’s E3, we know relatively little about this new Gears of War, so we traveled to The Coalition’s office in Vancouver, British Columbia to learn more about the history of the studio, to discover what happened to the world of Sera after Gears of War 3, and to go hands-on with a few new weapons and cover mechanics.

In our 14-page cover story, you’ll learn how the team is aiming to stay true to what makes Gears of War tick. We speak with studio head Rod Fergusson and the rest of the team and discover how The Coalition is taking the franchise 25 years into the future, to a time when the world is wracked by massive windstorms that radically change the field of battle. The Coalition is a big fan of the first Gears of War, so we talk with the team about how it aims to bring the series back to its darker, horror-themed roots. Afterwards we break down the three new playable characters and confirm two-player couch co-op. Then we get hands-on time with Gear of War 4’s new close-cover melee system.

Gears of War 4 will be an Xbox One later this fall. Check out the full cover image below for a glimpse of the adventure that awaits.

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO

The actress that played Olympia Vale is also voice acting the new main character Kait

im getting excited :banderas:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I hope this doesnt flop tho... :sadcam: I'm praying it wont flop...

I'm just wondering what the hell happened to marcus fenix and the rest of delta squad??? Why this kid running away from home??? :what:

HarlemRiverDrive

Rated X by an all white jury.
Daps
Reppin
South Chicago

I'm just wondering what the hell happened to marcus fenix and the rest of delta squad??? Why this kid running away from home??? :what:

the COG do some fukked up shyt to people during the war and I wouldn't be surprised to see JD be all :francis: about it.

Also he gotta get that huntswoman p*ssy b :manny:

HarlemRiverDrive

Rated X by an all white jury.
Daps
Reppin
South Chicago
More information from the GI issue:

-2 player couch co-op (Online TBA)
-Set on Sera 25 years after Gears of War 3
-Imulsion weapon set off at the end of GOW3 killed off all fossil fuels
-Humanity has become an endangered species huddled in walled cities seeking shelter from devastating wind storms (as a result of the bomb & intense war aftermath)
-Called "windflares", sort of a melting of a hurrican and volcano
-4 categories of weather in the game: Start out as heavy breeze (trees, leaves, dust kicking up) and grow into violent category 3 windstorms that can affect combat and weapon usage
-Category 4 windstorms have you just trying to survive, super violent, dodging lightning strikes, etc
-Think of the wind when fighting: Putting the wind behind could help projectile travel, but fighting directly against the wind could throw bullets back at you
-Enemies also affected by the weather (which you could exploit and use strategically)
-"Outsider" camps outside of COG
-Heavy inspiration on the setting from Northern Italy (forests, forts, etc)
-Want to get back to the "intimacy" and "boogeyman" feeling of the original Gears
-Team settled on story that features 3 protagonists and stretches across a 24 hour span in game
-JD Fenix (main character) is Marcus Fenix's son
-JD: Joined the COG militia, classified incident forced him to AWOL
-Del: JD in the campaign, befriended him at boarding school (deep bond)
-Kait: Outsider, capable survivalist, shares Outsider perspective with JD/Del
-Story begins as their Outsider village is invaded by a mysterious new force; kidnapped
-The trio goes into the forest in search, wondering why only they were spared
-New enemy is called "The Swarm"
-After the war, too many Locust to bury so many were tossed into mass graves (our trio believe this new threat may be linked)
-First mission sets off with the trio in the forest, discovering giant coc00n-like pods, pale monstrous creatures erupt looking almost human
-These enemies are dubbed "Juvies" (harkening to their seemingly first evolutionary stage of a new enemy)
-Juvies can eventually evolve into "Drones" (homage to the trilogy), able to use weapons, seemingly the main enemy type
-Also experimenting with new enemies like the "Pouncer" (E3 demo)
-Pouncer switches tactics based on player (if you run out in the open, it shoots poisonous quills; stay in cover and it comes after you)
-New weapons like "construction based" tools repurposed for combat
-Wanted to revamp the cover system; can more easily mantle kick over any piece of cover & perform knife kills
-Can also perform a short distance shoulder charge, knocking enemies off balance
-Enemies can also pull players out of cover and perform their own takedowns
-Implementing dynamic cover (for example shooting enemy pods from ceilings in an otherwise open area)
-Big emphasis on multiplayer, saying original Gears development was 90% SP, 10% MP
-Want to meet needs of recreational players and esports players
-Acknowledges love for horde mode and promises fans won't be disappointed

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies

The actress that played Olympia Vale is also voice acting the new main character Kait

im getting excited :banderas:

Finally a black character that doesn't have an afro, a caesar, or cornrows.

there's no way in hell this game is going to flop, especially with the Xbox being starved for good next gen games

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the COG do some fukked up shyt to people during the war and I wouldn't be surprised to see JD be all :francis: about it.

Also he gotta get that huntswoman p*ssy b :manny:

What war, the COG won the war... :heh: Shouldnt he be in charge tho by proxy... I mean your father is the guy who saved all of humanity that has to count for something.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Exclusive Reveal: Meet The New Cast Of Gears Of War 4
heroes-610.jpg

Gears of War 4 is set almost 25 years after the events of Gears of War 3, which means that players will be introduced to a largely new cast. Thankfully, developer The Coalition has assembled a capable cast of voice actors whose resumes include an impressive list of video game and television work. Come meet the three new vocal leads for Gears of War 4.

2605.03.jpg

JD Fenix
JD Fenix is the primary protagonist in Gears of War 4, and the son of legendary war hero Marcus Fenix. JD is an idealist who ran away from home at a young age to join the the COG militia only to go AWOL after a classified incident that players will learn more about during the game.

Played by: Liam McIntyre who is best known for his work as the male lead in the Starz series Spartacus. He also recently played the Weather Wizard on the The CW show The Flash.

McIntyre on JD: "It's kind of terrifying, because I get to be the lead in a new era of Gears, which is unbelievable, amazing, and exciting. I'm the legacy, because my dad is Marcus Fenix. JD's a soldier and a bit of a freedom fighter, and in his heart he's a bit of a renegade. He's different from Marcus, but he's still that heroic archetype.

1538.02.jpg

Kait Diaz
Kait Diaz was born and raised outside of the walled city-states protecting most of humanity. Her parents were leaders of this group of Outsiders, but her father died tragically years ago. Kait isn't familiar with how the COG works, but she is a capable survivalist who forms a quick friendship with JD.

Played by: Laura Bailey, who is an accomplished voice actor, with roles as Kid Trunks in Dragon Ball Z, Spartan Olympia Vale in Halo 5: Guardians, and Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft, among others.

Bailey on Kait: "What's interesting about her is that she grew up as an Outsider, so she's been away from this military environment that the boys grew up in. It's fun to do her dialogue because she approaches it from a different place. She has a less technical approach to everything she does because she's never experienced anything like this. She's a great entry point into this world, because she doesn't know everything about it either."

7802.01.jpg

Delmont "Del" Walker
Delmont "Del" Walker is another ex-COG soldier. Del was an orphan who became friends with JD at boarding school. When JD ran off to join the Army, Del followed his lead. Unfortunately, Del was also involved with the classified incident that sent both of them running out into the wilds of Sera, seeking refuge among the Outsiders. Still, Del remains deeply loyal to JD.

Played by: Eugene Byrd, who recently played Marcus "Boomer" Boone in last year's shooter Battlefield Hardline. He also appears as a recurring cast member on television shows like Arrow and Bones.

Byrd on Del: "Del is cool. I had to play up the nuance because the friendship between him and JD meant a lot, so getting to know [Liam McIntyre] and actually becoming friends with him helped us play together. I think Del wasn't a clean slate, so I had to give him a bit of a backstory, but then we were able to evolve it. We're actually building it while we're doing it."

Our Gears of War 4 coverage doesn't end with our sizeable, 14-page cover story. Return to our hub throughout the month for more information on the new weapons and enemies, the history of The Coalition, and a roundtable with the game’s voice actors. You can access the hub by clicking on the banner below.
Exclusive Reveal: Meet The New Cast Of Gears Of War 4