Gears 5 | XB1/PC | Out Now

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the differences seem to be mainly mechanical and balance changes.

Side by side if you not a heavy player you'd think they're the same. Either way I felt like Gears 4 can still be fun for another month before 5 drops. Idk why I waited until a month before 5 drops to rock it but at least I can say I played all of em.

yea we're all late to the party with some games...for example they just dropped all 3 OG doom games yesterday for ps4/switch/xbox the only doom game i played was the 2016 version...thinking bout picking them up...i just started secret of mana on the switch yesterday also....

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
kinda but not really

1.) in all gears games a perfect active reload gives u a damage boost. in gears 5 it does not.

2.) instead of 8 shots in the gnasher there's only 6 in gears 5...if u perfect active reload with the gnasher in gears 5 it'll refill all your ammo a reg reload will only refill it halfway..

3.).B buttln was used to rev up your lancer in gears 5 its RB...now B is used for the combat knife it replaces the two piece move ppl used to do...

4.) training grounds is def not a map for TDM...its def a E league map shyt feels boxed the fukk in....

5.) the challenges seem more rewarding and thought out...feels like they took a page out of modern warfare 2...

6.) u have to burst fire damn near every rifle/pistole now...in gears 4 u can just hold down RT to shoot the lancer in gears 5 every rifle/pistol has a kick

Burst fire for the lancer and snub is retarded. Just nerf the damage output on both, I wish they bring back the hammer burst as a starting weapon.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Burst fire for the lancer and snub is retarded. Just nerf the damage output on both, I wish they bring back the hammer burst as a starting weapon.
they're never gonna bring the HB back as a starting weapon...i dont think u gotta burst fire the snub...just the talon pistol

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Yeah the differences seem to be mainly mechanical and balance changes.

Side by side if you not a heavy player you'd think they're the same. Either way I felt like Gears 4 can still be fun for another month before 5 drops. Idk why I waited until a month before 5 drops to rock it but at least I can say I played all of em.

You'll have no problem finding KOTH matches at any time on 4, cant speak on the other modes I'm exclusively KOTH

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Bootcamp crashed on me about 4 times.
Finally got into multiplayer though.
Game is silky smooth and looks fantastic. Not a huge leap over GOW4 but still a great looking game overall.
Sidenote: I wish devs finally got brightness and HDR settings right.
Every game has different settings and makes getting a sweat spot too much of a chore.
When HDR settings are done right it can look amazing, but I get way too many varying results across games and consoles.
I can't stand games that give you a picture and essentially say "make this image look right".
Give me some gradient boxes or something a bit more precise to go by.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Bootcamp crashed on me about 4 times.
Finally got into multiplayer though.
Game is silky smooth and looks fantastic. Not a huge leap over GOW4 but still a great looking game overall.
Sidenote: I wish devs finally got brightness and HDR settings right.
Every game has different settings and makes getting a sweat spot too much of a chore.
When HDR settings are done right it can look amazing, but I get way too many varying results across games and consoles.
I can't stand games that give you a picture and essentially say "make this image look right".
Give me some gradient boxes or something a bit more precise to go by.
game didnt even go gold yet....idk if u got the X or what but it looks way better than 4 esp in MP....campaign graphics no doubt gonna be top notch....

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk if it's me but.. I feel like I'm a bit too good in the game. Like, I haven't had a match where I felt like I was playing bad. I just got the shyt down pat.:pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whelp tech test is over. That shyt sold me. I wasn't feeling the E3 showcase(no MP showed at first and no gameplay footage) but the tech test showed me this series is arguably the smoothest playing TPS out right now.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Whelp tech test is over. That shyt sold me. I wasn't feeling the E3 showcase(no MP showed at first and no gameplay footage) but the tech test showed me this series is arguably the smoothest playing TPS out right now.
this has been the case since pt 3 but yall was sleep...but hey im just a Haitian nikka what do i know....:yeshrug: when a gears game drops they hardly show MP footage since gears 3 its been they just drop a beta or show campaign footage thats it...for ppl that dont play gears like that i guess it would make sense you'd wanna see footage....but the OG's we know what we're getting with gears so we dont trip off that...most of us are probably more excited for campaign :blessed:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I can't fukking wait for this shyt.

I absolutely loved that tech test.

This is such a great year...feels like the year of Gears1/COD: MW1

2019 with Gears 5 and Modern Warfare dropping is :takedat::wow::wow: